Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GEEEEEEEZZZZZZ How fast do I have to go

stoker2001
    Dad & I outran them for years back in the 70's & 80's. Back then, about 70+ was more than plenty. Today, I think 80 would beat 95% of them.
    .Pretty accurate,your typical fully loaded (tournament ready)20 foot bassboat with 225hp (green motor) will have a hard time hitting 70mph.Now if you run up against an Allison,Bullet or Stroker type with the 250 and 300hp three liter motors you might get a little suprise :argue:

olbiezer
    i agree with ya stoker.....but even most of them dont have the drag version of the 2.5 that hulls the mail right off the line........ :rollside:

R.A.D.man
    I think Olbeizer is showing us true evidence of perpetual motion. I never knew it would be so perfect.

kojac
    I think Olbeizer is showing us true evidence of perpetual motion. I never knew it would be so perfect.
    I don't know what he says but I love it when he say's it.
    Kojac

ratso
    Dad & I outran them for years back in the 70's & 80's. Back then, about 70+ was more than plenty. Today, I think 80 would beat 95% of them.
    I think 95% of the jetboats you see on the lake won't do 80. :idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I think 95% of the jetboats you see on the lake won't do 80. :idea:
    That has to be the LAMEST post that I ever read! I dont where you boat but they sure have some weak hardware. Obviously you havent boated at parker,blyth,yuma,apache lake or with the 6th street crew.......

ratso
    That has to be the LAMEST post that I ever read! I dont where you boat but they sure have some weak hardware. Obviously you havent boated at parker,blyth,yuma,apache lake or with the 6th street crew.......
    Geez dude... I saw Shark Attack logged on... bud of mine, and I guess I should've noted that was directed toward him... No sense of humor. :yuk:
    I will bow down to the almighty Jet Boat Gods and make my exit lmao...

daddy b
    I have raced alot of bass boats and the day I get beat is the day I would put a bigger engine in. :crossx: :crossx: Has not happend yet. :220v:
    Yeah, I said that for about 4 years then Thursday, I had one pull away, I knew I was in trouble when he took his hat off. It was at top speed, and he had a couple of Mph on me, I would have probably taken him from the start but this is the time to build something bigger or just take the v drive out and find him. The jet is a mild 468 and the boat and I were both loaded.
    It was an evenruder. I'm guessing his top was @ 80mph.
    Time for a blower! :squiggle:

Sanger Jet
    I totally walk them in the first 1/4 mile but where there fast is in the bad water not fit for a drag (style) boat :220v:

SmokinLowriderSS
    80 is slow, you would need to get over the hundred mark to beat my HST brah..........( . )( . )..........
    That only means your HST isn't in the bottom 90%. There's ALWAYS SOMEBODY who is faster.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast