Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GEEEEEEEZZZZZZ How fast do I have to go

Forkin' Crazy
    .Now if you run up against an Allison,Bullet or Stroker type with the 250 and 300hp three liter motors you might get a little suprise :argue:
    Yea, and if you run into one of Taylor Marine's big bores, a blower won't even help. :crossx:

Towndrunk
    I totally walk them in the first 1/4 mile but where there fast is in the bad water not fit for a drag (style) boat :220v:
    I know a guy with a strapper that you won't beat. He loves to beat jets up in smooth water.

lucky
    now all we need in here is uncle toney and Maxine ( bgj) and we will have most of the barney crew -- What the hell is up - every one knows jets are slow - if you really want to go fast - you can flip off the bassboat guys in a v drive

460 jus getn it
    now all we need in here is uncle toney and Maxine ( bgj) and we will have most of the barney crew -- What the hell is up - every one knows jets are slow - if you really want to go fast - you can flip off the bassboat guys in a v drive
    Dont you own a jet boat.......................................

lucky
    Dont you own a jet boat.......................................
    yes - to pull in my v drive

wrenchdaddy
    My Uncles buddy knows a guy that has a brother that has a really fast bassboat, pleeeeaaaaasssee. Who cares anyway?? Somebody always has something faster. Ya jets may be slower all in all but noboy looks twice if you pull up in a basser, if you're in a jet you got everbody's attention as soon as you pull in the no wake zone. I think you beater guys are just jealous.

460 jus getn it
    yes - to pull in my v drive
    I see, just making sure. Most vdrivers, have a spare boat to two ith so its all good.................

Forkin' Crazy
    if you're in a jet you got everbody's attention as soon as you pull in the no wake zone.
    Sometimes it is best to stay low key.
    I think you beater guys are just jealous.
    I think you are stretching it with that statement... just a weeee bit. LOL!

Fire Water
    I've got a 1995 15' Jetcraft/Sprint (beer can). I mostly run on the blackwater rivers here in South Carolina. Those Allison's and STX's will run right past me until we get to the twisty stuff, then they're done. Had one try to keep up with me this last year. Had the place diverter trimmed up thowning a pretty good rooster tail. Guess he didn't see the log that I ran over cause he left his lower unit on the bottom.
    He's actually a pretty good friend. I shut my boat down as fast as possible hoping that he would shut his down too, but he still slamed the log. Right now the river gauge reads 1.7'. I would have the river all to myself if it wasn't for the exhaust valve I dropped at the end of Summer.

e514jet
    I havn't had the oportunity yet as i'm still building my sanger with a 514.
    A friend of mine has a borum with a 514 in it with a built pump. Simular motor
    as mine exept he is running aluminum heads. He raced a hydrostream with a
    race 2.5. From a hole shot he left him in the wake. running and gunning they were dead even. one couldn't out run the other...E

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast