Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Catalina Pics from 10-28

seanv
    That was a GREAT day on Lake Pacific. Couldn't have asked for better weather or water conditions. I took some pics that I'll get posted up later. Just rolled back into town and am trying to get settled in.
    looks like a fun azz trip! shit if jd can take the warlock maybe the aodcb could do it
    never been boat'n on the big blue other than dive boats. lot's to learn (nav,rules,boat prep/maint etc)

Jordy
    looks like a fun azz trip! shit if jd can take the warlock maybe the aodcb could do it
    The Warlock was eating that water up, granted it was a very calm day. JD was kind of bummed as he wanted some big water like we had on 4th of July. The AODCB would do great out there. Oh, and even though I didn't get a pic of it, there was a DCLB F-29 at Avalon on Saturday. Hmmm... :idea:
    Running up to the Stacks to meet up with everyone:
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attac...id=19310&stc=1
    Bob and Mel, part of the Warlock Regatta this weekend:
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attac...id=19311&stc=1

seanv
    cool pix jordy. so what do you do about flushing the engines and trailer? wont the salt destroy these things?

Havasu Hangin'
    cool pix jordy. so what do you do about flushing the engines and trailer? wont the salt destroy these things?
    No.
    (Rookie)

Biglue
    I will answer for Jordy....You use Salt Away and flush out the engine and wash down the boat and trailer with it. It works well and is the best thing to use.
    I always have the trailer sprayed down real well with the salt away after launching and then when we pull out.
    Have you noticed if your trailer has gotten noisier after dipping it in the salt? Mine is a lot more squeaky after I put it in the ocean a couple times. I always flushed everything out and down with salt away as well. :220v:

Havasu Hangin'
    Have you noticed if your trailer has gotten noisier after dipping it in the salt? Mine is a lot more squeaky after I put it in the ocean a couple times. I always flushed everything out and down with salt away as well. :220v:
    The one area you can't flush is between the leafsprings (which create the "creaking" noises when turning). Rust develops, and if it gets really bad, it will pop the retainers off. If your retainers are missing, you can put stainless hoseclamps on there and it will quiet it down a little.
    Make sure you spray WD-40 between your leafsprings before dipping it in the salt. It won't stop the rust, but it will slow it down.

Biglue
    It probably does. I have a galavanized trailer and if it gets bad over the next 3-4 years I will just get another one. I really don't see that happening though. First couple of times I sprayed all over the trailer with WD-40 prior to launching. Bolts, welded areas, locations like that.
    You can also have your boat "slung" so you don't have to drop the trailer in. I haven't done that myself but some do. I think maybe 25 foot in length is max for the slings but am not 100% sure about that.
    There is one of those cranes over in Redondo Beach and I think you're right as far as the size limits.
    BTW a friend of mine was out there this past weekend also. He kept bugging me about going out and I just could not get out of what was going on this past weeekend to go piss the say away on the water. I would have definitely met up with you guys had I known there was going to be that big a crowd out there this weekend.
    The one area you can't flush is between the leafsprings (which create the "creaking" noises when turning). Rust develops, and if it gets really bad, it will pop the retainers off. If your retainers are missing, you can put stainless hoseclamps on there and it will quiet it down a little.
    Make sure you spray WD-40 between tour leafsprings before dipping it in the salt. It won't stop the rust, but it will slow it down.
    That makes pretty good sense. I'll check out the retainers, got me wondering now. Thanks.

seanv
    nahh...never mind. i dont want to drag from phx to the coast just to trash my stuff. :cry: if i was a big baller getting new boats every two years i could do it but this one has to last me a while.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast