Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fine Dining at Newport Beach

Mattman
    Villa Nova

boatsnblondes
    This is the name and number for the restauraunt....great place...right on the water..affterwords, take a walk along the boardwalk......great place...
    Harborside Restaurant, 949-673-4633....
    :rollside:

voodoomedman
    Villa Nova.

boatsnblondes
    fine diced red onion or shallot 1/2 cup onion...saute over soft heat in butter, onion turns clear, pour in quart and a half of chicken broth, boil. add heavy wipping cream, 1 quart, bring back to boil. add cheese, swiss and american, pound of each to taste, little more american than swiss..toss in and stir to velvety yellow color...add salt and pepper here if needed...add wheat beer or ale, 1/2 bottle to start, to taste....should taste cheese first, then beer...thickened with corn starch dissolved in water to thicken...if it needs thickening.....

BRSTQUEST
    Las Brisas in Laguna Beach is a great place. Ask for tables 12 or 19, they have been very good to me!!!!!! You can't have a better view at a restaurant in southern CA, jmho......

Havasu Hangin'
    Villa Nova.
    They have docks there, too. Nothing quite like dinner followed by harbor cruise.

Havasu1986
    21 Oceanfront isn't really ON the water, just FYI.
    Try Kantina, mexican food but real tasty, 949-673-1400. It's right next door to Woody's, the guy's that own Sutra started it I believe.
    Oh, and the waitress' are hot :crossx: :crossx:
    Yes the group that owns Kantina owns Sutra and they still owe my company about 5k for work that we did at Kantina. If anybody knows how to get ahold of the owners, let me know. They won't return any phone calls or pay there bills.

Kiddunot
    Cannons in Dana Point is another

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Villa Nova...italian and right on the water. You won't be disappointed...Happy B-Day Mom!!
    Villa Nova.
    They have docks there, too. Nothing quite like dinner followed by harbor cruise.
    Don't listen to Steve & Jeff.....
    Villa Nova may burn down again......while your there !!!!! :220v:
    Go to "5 Crown's" in Corona Del Mar......
    It's on PCH.....
    or the Chart House in Newport......Near Villa Nova.....
    I prefer Cappy's Cafe & Cantina....Had breakfast there this morning.... :rollside:
    It's a little less formal.....Didn't see Rodman there today though.... :idea:
    Later,
    CJG

beaverretriever
    Don't listen to Steve.....
    Go to "5 Crown's" in Corona Del Mar......
    It's on PCH.....
    or the Chart House in Newport......Near Villa Nova.....
    I prefer Cappy's Cafe & Cantina....Had breakfast there this morning.... :rollside:
    It's a little less formal.....Didn't see Rodman there today though.... :idea:
    Later,
    CJG

I was going to say 5 Crowns as well. Most of my moms side of the family lives in Corona Del Mar and we alway eat there. Not really on the water but deffinitely top notch.
    Have fun

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast