Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fine Dining at Newport Beach

Troy McClure
    Yes the group that owns Kantina owns Sutra and they still owe my company about 5k for work that we did at Kantina. If anybody knows how to get ahold of the owners, let me know. They won't return any phone calls or pay there bills.
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Don't know the owners but it seems typical of "club" owners to stiff, pretty much everyone while trying to make some money. Don't know if they own the building, if they do, lien the fokker. Would be a pretty nice waterfront piece of property.
    OR. Just show up at Sutra on a Fri. or Sat. with a baseball bat and a few friends. Might not get your money back but at least a little satisfaction maybe???

Nord
    Thanks, I made a reservation at Villa Nova and Charthouse. I'm going to cancel the ones I weed out in the next couple of days.
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm going to try the Mexican place on Thursday or Friday when its not a special occasion

Dan Lorenze
    This place is a Newport Classic.....
    http://www.thearchesrestaurant.com

Nord
    This place is a Newport Classic.....
    http://www.thearchesrestaurant.com
    I checked this place out. Looks really nice as well.

cant go wrong with rusty pelican or villa nova. Cancel your 21 rez.

Havasu1986
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Don't know the owners but it seems typical of "club" owners to stiff, pretty much everyone while trying to make some money. Don't know if they own the building, if they do, lien the fokker. Would be a pretty nice waterfront piece of property.
    OR. Just show up at Sutra on a Fri. or Sat. with a baseball bat and a few friends. Might not get your money back but at least a little satisfaction maybe???
    Its a little to late to lien the property since they were making payments until recently...After so long, its to late.

boatsnblondes
    Forget Villa Nova..I've eaten there a few times and I always come away unimpressed....as for the rusty Pelican, the service last time was bad....never go there again. Five crowns is amazing....but, still I swear by Gullivers...you just can't go wrong there..even though there is no view....or the harbor house also...nice....

RJ Nordic
    cancel the 21 go with villa nova or recently we have been going to "The Balboa Bay Club." They have nightly entertainment in the lounge starting @ 5. Had the stuffed salmon the other night and it was very good. Wonderful lady playing the piano with some show tunes help set the mood. They have a web site www.balboabayclub.com
    Planning on getting reservations for the Christmas boat parade there too.

boatsnblondes
    No need for reservations for us....we have a 65 footer at moor in the back bay...I'll wave to ya as we go by......GULLIVERS!!!!!

voodoomedman
    Forget Villa Nova..I've eaten there a few times and I always come away unimpressed....as for the rusty Pelican, the service last time was bad....never go there again. Five crowns is amazing....but, still I swear by Gullivers...you just can't go wrong there..even though there is no view....or the harbor house also...nice....
    Been there once and the Swordfish Picatta was the best Swordfish I've ever had. As far as service they didn't have the window seat for me that I had asked for since it was our 5 year anniversary. Said we had to wait a half hour. We get seated and then it's only like 5 minutes and the window seats are available. Was kind of annoyed. Seems like they like to give the tables to larger parties. Service was good though even though the guy was a little Igorish. Got free chocolate souffle's for our anniversary. Those are awesome. Better than Roy's.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast