Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now when to LIFT?

bt273
    OK people,I know I could get a lot of crap for this, but here we go! I just got back from Camp Far,as usual saw alot of exciting things. First off,A jet and a outboard was racing,the outboard didn't get a good straight line down the cove squeezing the jet over toward the shore where all the boats and people were, the jet had a mechanical failure eng stopped,lost steering,and then hit a parked boat! THANK GOD ther was no kids there!(or anybody else),just boats. When you can see that somebody is coming over in your lane JUST LIFT! there is plenty of chances to race again,or maybe next time there wont! I am not preaching but the question still exist, or is it being a sissy?

bt273
    Oh, the second thing, people that go to camp far would know this guy,jumping his flat like a jumping bean,well it caught up to him ( after a couple of years) and litterally tore the whole floor out, throwing him over the deck of the boat! NICE! just what we want to see, a guy getting thrown out with NO life jacket! Man that was impressive, put a jacket on,dont be an ass! Give yourself a chance,to be found at least!

Since when is racing smart and safe being a sissy? But after your last post about the "jumping bean" boat I may have answered my own question....

Costello
    Originally posted by bt273:
    Oh, the second thing, people that go to camp far would know this guy,jumping his flat like a jumping bean,well it caught up to him ( after a couple of years)
    This by chance wouldn't be the guy with the long hair in the white flat with colored stripes, thru transom exhaust on the bottle would it? That guy was begging to get thrown in the drink years ago. 273, you touched upon the reasons I decided not to come up and run the cruiser this weekend. Too damn scary to watch some of these guys run.

bt273
    Well cos, I was trying to figure out if you were in fact there, no this was not that guy it was another, but maybe he saw it and it scared him.It is a shame that you decided not to come out, it is getting that way unfortunately with a few people, but there is good guys to.

Riptide01
    No matter where you are. It only takes one jerk to give us all a bad name.

twisted
    Saturday a guy in a green flat with a blower almost went in the drink. I think he got his hair wet then ended up back in the boat.

hulshot
    Sounds like the lake may be getting a bad rap from the drinkers who still chose to drive there 80mph boats out of controll and ruin it for others who are triing to have a good time. If you drink then just do all your racing on the trailer, it saves gas, lives, and pain. As for the not wearing jackets, these people should f=*+n know by now it not safe. These boats are way to unpredictable in the lake enviornment. Things can happen in a split second and then your swimming and hopfully not drownding. Play it safe always

stressedout
    As for the not wearing jackets, these people should f=*+n know by now it not safe. These boats are way to unpredictable in the lake enviornment. Things can happen in a split second and then your swimming and hopfully not drownding. Play it safe always[/B][/QUOTE]
    And don't just put on a ski vest and think your safe. YOUR NOT! I Lost a good friend a few years back that would put a ski vest on if he wasn't gonna open it up, he crashed at around 90 it ripped that 4 buckle ski vest right off of him, took divers 6 hours to find him. If you have a good vest WEAR IT,if not Buy one.You still might not survive, but at least you will be found right away.

Thunderbutt
    I thought I've been on every lake in Ca. Where in the hell is Camp Far? Originally posted by bt273:
    OK people,I know I could get a lot of crap for this, but here we go! I just got back from Camp Far,as usual saw alot of exciting things. First off,A jet and a outboard was racing,the outboard didn't get a good straight line down the cove squeezing the jet over toward the shore where all the boats and people were, the jet had a mechanical failure eng stopped,lost steering,and then hit a parked boat! THANK GOD ther was no kids there!(or anybody else),just boats. When you can see that somebody is coming over in your lane JUST LIFT! there is plenty of chances to race again,or maybe next time there wont! I am not preaching but the question still exist, or is it being a sissy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast