Thread: O2 sensor

TollyWally
    Is it possible to put an O2 sensor in a wet exhaust system to help tweak the carb? I have a stock 454 Volvo/Chevy motor. LOL, apologies for not going to "Bone Stock.com" You guys are much more help. Thanks
    TollyWally

SmokinLowriderSS
    No. O2 sensors have to have a dry environment.

TollyWally
    Thanks for the input. That was my first thought but I didn't have the backround to know for sure. LOL the more I learn the less I know.
    Again, thanks

Itsahobby
    Don't give up just yet. What type of exhaust do you have? And, go here:
    http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130367
    There is a person that replied to my thread says they have been successful using an O2 in a wet ehaust as long as it is put far enough down the tail pipe.
    I am using IMCO double tube tails and have a idea on how to pull it off.
    Also, do a search on threads that Unchained has answered. He is a world of info.
    Jerry
    Is it possible to put an O2 sensor in a wet exhaust system to help tweak the carb? I have a stock 454 Volvo/Chevy motor. LOL, apologies for not going to "Bone Stock.com" You guys are much more help. Thanks
    TollyWally

SmokinLowriderSS
    That's true, Unchained has a lot of knowledge, first hand, on EFI and O2 sensor usage, at least as it pertains to twin turbo setups that really HAUL SERIOUS ASS!

sanger rat
    I use an Inovate o2 meter with dry headers. You can't get the sensor wet.

Blown509Liberator
    With gils or your imco’s you could build a spacer between the riser and the header and install them there

Blown509Liberator
    With gils or your imco’s you could build a spacer between the riser and the header and install them there

nordic95
    I installed a set of wide band O2 from innovate into my revolution marine wet manifolds,it can be done.E-mail me and I'l send pics and how to.
    Nordic95
    rogosich@optonline.net

JAY4SPEED
    I installed a set of wide band O2 from innovate into my revolution marine wet manifolds,it can be done.E-mail me and I'l send pics and how to.
    Nordic95
    rogosich@optonline.net
    I'm also interested in your solution to the problem. Could I get pics also at jay4speed@cox.net, thanks.