Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet to V-Drive?

Tahiti21
    Have a 21' Tahiti with jet. Was wondering if its possible to put a v-drive in it? Have a 95 Blue Water with v-drive and like it alot better than the jet.
    Need info on what is good and bad v-drives? Just trying to find any info possible before undertaking the project. Or where to look on the web for tech. info.

Sangster
    It can be done, but the bottom will need to be changed....It will need full length stringers if it doesn't already have them...The bottom wil need to be recessed to except cavplates & the list goes on....but Yup..it can be done!!

DEL51
    sell it and buy something similar with a v-drive already installed.

lilrick
    sell it and buy something similar with a v-drive already installed.
    I agree.

Tahiti21
    Yes, well people want too much for that set-up, if you can find it. I already have the boat, the 454, so just need the drive unit. And I've rebuilt a few boats. And I'm not in a hurry to get r done. Would just like some info on the drives. The good brands and the bad brands.

lilrick
    Yes, well people want too much for that set-up, if you can find it. I already have the boat, the 454, so just need the drive unit. And I've rebuilt a few boats. And I'm not in a hurry to get r done. Would just like some info on the drives. The good brands and the bad brands.
    have you considered the expense of the other parts of the v-drive conversion? Examples would be steering and rudder , rail kit, strut, cavitation plates, complete driveline, prop, etc. You must also glass in the jet pumphole which will be about 5-7 hundred. I know cuz I had one glassed in. Also, you will have to beef up your boat and put in full length stringers. Those aren't cheap!!! At least a grand!! Then you have to modify your trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUVNLIFE
    Cheaper and probably safer to buy a boat already setup how you want Not saying you don't know what you are doing but having something that is proven says alot

GofastRacer
    Dude, you have no idea what you're getting into, just the parts and material alone will cost as much as a decent used v-drive boat not to mention the cost to make that hull v-drive worthy. Also that boat never came with a v-drive, so there are no measurements for all the hardware and it will be a trial and error deal and that alone can be a nightmare!. But if you have the money and desire to make it work, best of luck to ya!..

rrrr
    Don't listen to these guys! It's easy to do!!!!

SANGER-RICH
    I have a friend that is pulling his BBC out of his v-drive and selling the boat less motor for 3 grand if interested Ill hook you up with him, where do you live?? He lives in Placerville, ca , if you dont want the boat then you will have the trailer and the hardware you need to do your priject.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast