Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this normal with a droop snoot?

Dominator Scott
    I got the droop snoot installed this weekend and took the Sanger out for a spin. While under way we noticed a lot of spray at the transome of the boat and it appears to be coming from where the diverter and droop come together around the pins. It appears that some water is blowing past the O-ring on the diverter hitting the steering bracket on the diverter and spraying all over the back of the engine and on the headers. :yuk: The diverter is brand new and the O-ring looks perfect but doesn't appear to be sealing well against the snoot.
    What can I do?

You may need get in touch with your dealer for this, might need a replacement droop.

You may need get in touch with your dealer for this, might need a replacement droop. but make sure the droop is not dragging in the water, this is common with out a ride plate

9er
    Something similar happened to me. It was the water hitting the arm for the reverse cable. Just at lower speeds and coming off a plane.
    A ride plate fixed it for me.
    My 2c

Dominator Scott
    You may need get in touch with your dealer for this, might need a replacement droop.
    Bought the droop used off of here so that idea is out. Could my existing ride plate be too short?

Dominator Scott
    Something similar happened to me. It was the water hitting the arm for the reverse cable. Just at lower speeds and coming off a plane.
    A ride plate fixed it for me.
    My 2c
    It has a ride plate. Could it be that it is too short?

MikeF
    If you know "exactly" where the leak is, and you have not modified it in any way......communicate w/ the manufacturer and see if they will fix the problem.
    Senario two,
    Your droop is polished. This means that there (likely) is "room" for the powdercoat on the part (so it functions as intended by the manufacturer). Since they sell the same part w/ and w/o powdercoating this could be the cause of your leak. It could be a clearance problem.......or a machining problem.
    If they do not want to remedy the problem part, NEVER buy another part from that company again. :crossx:
    I would not want to spend $300 dollars on a part only to be unable to use it as intended, and to throw it away shortly after I bought it.

LGCDEVIL
    Put a fat rubber band in the groove on the nozzle and then install the o-ring. This will take up some of the clearance. This should work if it's just a little loose. If it's too loose, it will just blow the rubber band out when you turn.

Dominator Scott
    If you know "exactly" where the leak is, and you have not modified it in any way......communicate w/ the manufacturer and see if they will fix the problem.
    Senario two,
    Your droop is polished. This means that there (likely) is "room" for the powdercoat on the part (so it functions as intended by the manufacturer). Since they sell the same part w/ and w/o powdercoating this could be the cause of your leak. It could be a clearance problem.......or a machining problem.
    If they do not want to remedy the problem part, NEVER buy another part from that company again. :crossx:
    I would not want to spend $300 dollars on a part only to be unable to use it as intended, and to throw it away shortly after I bought it.
    I bought it used off from a fellow member here. I don't feel this is his fault in any way but would like to find a solution to the problem and be able to use the droop.
    I polished the droop myself but the inside appears to be just standard rough cast aluminum. Would powder coating seal it up enough to cure the issue?
    Can I get a fatter o-ring for the diverter?

MikeF
    Put a fat rubber band in the groove on the nozzle and then install the o-ring. This will take up some of the clearance. This should work if it's just a little loose. If it's too loose, it will just blow the rubber band out when you turn.
    Try this deal first. Sounds like it might help.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast