Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV's-Plasma or LCD?

Sotally Tober
    Looking to get a new TV for the bedroom. Is there any advantage over one. Looking at a 42-46". I heard a while back the plasmas would burn out. Any truth? Any brand recommendations?

Jyruiz
    Looking to get a new TV for the bedroom. Is there any advantage over one. Looking at a 42-46". I heard a while back the plasmas would burn out. Any truth? Any brand recommendations?
    A plasma will burn out (now they last up to 60,000 hours) and if you leave a static image too long, it can get burned in to the screen. If you are worried about the better picture quality though, the plasma is the way to go.

BoatPI
    I have both and would never put a plasma in a bedroom, too much heat in a confined space. Go with a 37" Vizo at Costco. They were recently discussed on the boards, decent stuff for $999.

Sotally Tober
    I have both and would never put a plasma in a bedroom, too much heat in a confined space. Go with a 37" Vizo at Costco. They were recently discussed on the boards, decent stuff for $999.
    They put out a lot of heat? Our room is 400+ sqft. with 10' ceilings. I will be around 20' away when watching. I would want a min 42", I'm blind by the way.

rmarion
    this months comsumer report magazine has a detailed article on those TV's you've mention..............

Sotally Tober
    Thanks, Ill pick one up.

SHOTKALLIN
    get the extended warranty

Nord
    this months comsumer report magazine has a detailed article on those TV's you've mention..............
    Were they good??
    Was it Vizo?? I'm thinking I need a new boob tube as well.
    ~NORD~

blown65
    I have a plasma in our bedroom, no issues with heat.

TheCarDudes
    I have Pioneer Plasmas in the family room and the bedroom. No heat issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast