Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Come on BOTE & SHB...

MizBubba
    This should be the place to duke it out, if we must.
    I think it's a good idea to quit posting under Jack Weller's thread, because we were sending the WRONG message.
    I understand that he planned an event without us, and on the date we usually come, but I also understand that he was of the impression that many of us would not be coming. I, for one, certainly do NOT want his lasting impression of our group to be one of a bunch of braying jackasses. (I'm including myself in that description, so don't complain!)
    I don't think, at the heart of the matter, that the BOTE/FEAST event is the problem.
    I've stated before that MY wish for our group is to promote the importance of the comraderie and the boats. That's what pulled me in that first year. The unconditional acceptance of good people. (And admiration for the incredibly sexy boats they bring with them.)
    Yes, I've heard rumors circulating among our group. Some refer to money issues, some to politics. Since I have no direct experience with the matters being discussed, I refuse to speculate. What I learned to be true is this:
    If one of us falls, will the others stop to help him? Yes.
    If his boat quits running, will 30 other guys stay behind to see it fixed? Yes.
    If the unthinkable happens, will we rally around those left behind? Yes.
    Deep down, does the answer to any of these questions change, because a difference of opinion? It shouldn't.
    I'm just one person. And I'm not a 'founding member'. I don't have a membership card, and I don't know the secret handshake. But I do think of ya'll as family, and I want to make sure that when the dust settles, we can still be friends...

jets4me
    amy i am worried about you posting at 217 am dam amy when i post that time of the morning i just got home from the bar and dont even know what i posted intill the next day but that shore is not your case that was good

kojac
    MizBubba
    From what you just said you already have the membership card and secret handshake. That's the kinda club I want to belong to.
    Kojac

Wet Dream
    What is it that you would like to "duke out"? What is the issue you want to fight about? What rumors are you referring to? Does anyone have the balls to say what they are, or who you head it from?

MizBubba
    What is it that you would like to "duke out"? What is the issue you want to fight about? What rumors are you referring to? Does anyone have the balls to say what they are?
    Balls or not, I don't have anything to fight about. But some of the comments made on the other thread WERE inflammatory, and shouldn't have been directed toward Jack. If they MUST continue, it should be here, or another thread, not in the one posted for Jack.
    I agree that there are some things that probably need to be aired out. As I said, I have no dog in this fight. I've just heard rumors, and I don't care to speculate based on rumors.
    Here's what I know: There WAS a thread earlier this year about what funds had been collected, and what they were being used for. As I recall, you posted what had been taken in, paid out, and what was left. I don't know if that resolved that particular issue, or not. It seemed from the responses that many people were interested in what was happening with the money we raised.
    It's been my experience that ANY time money is involved, people get antsy. If things aren't openly being discussed, the opportunity is there for some individuals to get suspicious. Does that make them bad people? NO. Most likely, they've been scammed before, and don't care for a repeat performance.
    Before you say it, I KNOW that you are more than willing to share this information if someone were to ask... the problem is that most of us were raised NOT to ask questions about finances. It might be that by posting a quarterly activity report on the status of the BOTE funds, we could preclude any misunderstandings.
    If folks want to put that money to good use, then we've got two staring us right in the face: 1) Mark & Gina are having a baby. Let BOTE sponsor a shower for them.
    2) Scotti is graduating this summer. Let BOTE raise hell & celebrate with her by sponsoring a graduation party.
    Actually, it looks like both would happen around the same time, so it could be a double blowout.
    Just my .02. Others may disagree.

sister nasty
    I don't post here to often because I don't have much to say, but....
    I would like to say today that I like Jacks Spot. I enjoy being with my friends there and I would like to come every year.
    I don't like the (private) crew that camps out at his house and starts shi- , like making T-Shirts - Mugs - without the clubs permission. I am upset about the article in ***boat magazine. It was done on the "pretense" that it's an article about the CLUB , then to find out it's about Jack. I would have been allright with that but... to find out his hidden agenda to take over B.O.T.E. with his little friends has come to past - I don't like.
    But....I say let him have it! Bill "the creator" does not care why should we?
    This gentleman has been having gatherings for a while now without ( US ) so
    why all of the sudden does he feel the need to do what he is doing with the B.O.T.E. group, because Bill gave it to him and because he can !
    Because He Can! Yes, If I had the property there I would too, but... I would just call it something else like "Jack's party" Not take another groups name and make it my own. And pick another date - Not the date another group has been using.
    The more events we have the merrier - right?
    It just stinks that it happend this way.
    Please Jack call your event, your event , not a B.O.T.E event - especially .......without the clubs permission, unless you did have permission and the person who gave you the permission just forgot to tell the rest of us.

jets4me
    that is some funny shit right there i dont care who you are

jets4me
    i thought this was the thread where we did not bash jack dam if that did not go out the window :rollside:

wideopen545
    thats the other thread

HammerDown
    I don't post here to often because I don't have much to say, but....
    I would like to say today that I like Jacks Spot. I enjoy being with my friends there and I would like to come every year.
    I don't like the (private) crew that camps out at his house and starts shi- , like making T-Shirts - Mugs - without the clubs permission. I am upset about the article in ***boat magazine. It was done on the "pretense" that it's an article about the CLUB , then to find out it's about Jack. I would have been allright with that but... to find out his hidden agenda to take over B.O.T.E. with his little friends has come to past - I don't like.
    But....I say let him have it! Bill "the creator" does not care why should we?
    This gentleman has been having gatherings for a while now without ( US ) so
    why all of the sudden does he feel the need to do what he is doing with the B.O.T.E. group, because Bill gave it to him and because he can !
    Because He Can! Yes, If I had the property there I would too, but... I would just call it something else like "Jack's party" Not take another groups name and make it my own. And pick another date - Not the date another group has been using.
    The more events we have the merrier - right?
    It just stinks that it happend this way.
    Please Jack call your event, your event , not a B.O.T.E event - especially .......without the clubs permission, unless you did have permission and the person who gave you the permission just forgot to tell the rest of us.
    Ohhhh that's toooo good not to quote.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast