Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tragedy and Comedy at the Sand Dunes w/pix:

Trailer Park Casanova
    I read the tradegy but where the comedy?
    Part II later,,, wife just crawl'd into bed with buttfloss on and it's been a few days,,,
    Be back later,,

Dan Lorenze
    You should also check out the Mojave Trail. Awesome trail from Fort Mohave to Camp Cady (Approx 137miles) Great part of history with plenty of sites to visit.
    We have a group of guys that ride the Mojave trail too... Great area.. We normally start out at in Newberry springs and cut over the Cady Mountains and mostly stay close to the Mojave trail crossing Kelbaker,Cima Rd,Cedar Cyn rd,Piute gorge, cal nev ari,hwy 95 and enter Laughlin from above through Christmas tree pass... Good times...

Trailer Park Casanova
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...umont06026.jpg
    Behind the black Ford PU in the extreem backround and the white Ford in the foreground off in the distance is an open white cargo hauler. At 2 oclock in the extreem distance.
    The kids riding their quads by the site in route to Speary Creek and Vendors row said it was the couple we could hear that had been fighting the whole weekend.
    The chick screaming at the guy, back and forth that at nite I could hear it with my generator off.
    They departed fighting and angry at each other and left behind a new weber grill and some other things.
    Just threw their stuff & tent in their cargo hauler, slammed it all shut and drove off.
    Like when the sand people in the Star Wars movies appear from no place to trade junk for junk,, guys from our camp went over and got a camping table, and the new grill ect,,

seanv
    crouds are part of the problem but EGO'S is the biggest issue. like was said before, there is no learning curve. remember when we started? our friends would even say ,"you better start on a 200x or 185 and work up to the bad boy 250r-lt250. i did make that leap from bike to bike and owned a 250r that as my skill improved i hopped it up. never did i go to the dunes. i now regret not going when it was fun and there was no "raider nation" . stories like these is why i stick to open desert and the pines. my.02

Trailer Park Casanova
    1/2 Hr Ross??? You are slipping
    Hey,, she has to get some sleep, so the quickie rule went into effect.

Trailer Park Casanova

Danhercules
    Was that rail even finnished? It hard to tell if the frame was powder coated.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Was that rail even finnished? It hard to tell if the frame was powder coated.
    Lots of speculation that it's a home garage built.
    Waddya think?
    They wrecked in the teacups-in-the-sky area near the South pole of the dunes.
    Very technical, very sharp and difficult series of small bowls if you're caught napping.
    Gotta have all the power to the wheels at final lift off, or the front end drops flipping the car or center punching the bottom of the dune, or both.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Not yet, we've concentrated mostly between Baker & Ludlow. Virtually untouch and a few RR camps and digging, old bobypins and such. There is still a section with the RR ties still in place and peices of the coal laying around
    We'll be out on "T" Day, smok'n a turkey and kicking back. You going to be out that day?
    Oh yeah, we're stretching it out to a 6 day'r.
    Let's hook up!!
    Wife gave the green lite on a Rhino,, but I'm going to wait for the next generation to come out.

Havasu Luvr
    Sure, where do you usually camp? I was just going to be in the area of bathroom 12, just as you come up on the mesa on the right hand side (depending on which direction the wind will be blow'n that week). We're arriving wednesday (5 day'r).
    I ususally go with a big group but they usually stray to far towards bathroom 6 in the softer sand. I do not like it there as I sometimes get stuck and then have to rely on someone to pull me out. So this time I am just going to hang back on the harder packed sand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast