Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is this normal with a droop snoot?

MikeF
    That sounds logical but no dice. Mine did it right out of the box along with 2 of my other friends boats. We all run american turbine and they are all the same. Mine is now polished and it does the same thing. It sucks big time
    The one (AT) that I bought from MPD does not leak. He said there were some that he recieved from AT did what yours are doing.....and he sent them back.

MikeF
    Yep. Now if only the weather was nice.......
    It's perfect right now down here. :mix:
    I'm still gonna be spending it mostly inside the garage putting the engine back together. :boxed:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    The one (AT) that I bought from MPD does not leak. He said there were some that he recieved from AT did what yours are doing.....and he sent them back.
    I should have sent it back but waited too long. Oh well, I will find a way to fix it

..... Oh well, I will find a way to fix it
    If the rubber band trick under the o-ring doesn't work, you could always try powdercoating the inside of the droop to build it up a bit.......

It's perfect right now down here. :mix:
    I'm still gonna be spending it mostly inside the garage putting the engine back together. :boxed:
    I should probably be cleaning my garage. There's a car in there I haven't seen in a while....:jawdrop:

Dominator Scott
    If the rubber band trick under the o-ring doesn't work, you could always try powdercoating the inside of the droop to build it up a bit.......
    I will probably try the powder coat trick but now I have all winter to mess with it and work out the bugs. For all practicle purposes with the exception of installing the cleats she is ready to present to my father and see what his reaction is going to be. :rollside:

Duane HTP
    One thing you might want to check. Is it a Dominator Droop? Dominitor made an early and a late style. The early droops were .060" bigger than the regular ones. If it is of the larger diameter, it will not work well.

Dominator Scott
    One thing you might want to check. Is it a Dominator Droop? Dominitor made an early and a late style. The early droops were .060" bigger than the regular ones. If it is of the larger diameter, it will not work well.
    It is an Aggressor Droop Snoot.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Thats what i was thinking. I have a tendancy to blow the orings out While 460 jus getn it has the tendancy to blow the whole damn nozzle off

Duane HTP
    It could just be the machining off a little then. That is a real hard part to hold machine tolerances on. I changed machine shops here a while back on my Snoots. I sent the first one of the new batch to Steelcomp. That is the one he called a POS, and he was right. It was. I gave him his money back, and I had to trash 20 new Snoots because of it. I have taken Duct tape or Gorilla Tape, cut it the width of the O-Ring groove and wound two or three rounds on the nozzle, (under the O-Ring), and that seems to hold for quite a while. Good Luck!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast