Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is this normal with a droop snoot?

1slowboat
    I think I am going to try the powder coating trick and see if it cures the problem. I am done running it for the season now so I have all winter to get it done.
    I have a friend that started his own powdercoat business and he just did some other parts for me,so I will just drop this thing off so he can get it handled.
    try a translucent powder coat, it will be coated twice, chrome is the first, then your color, had the same problem with one of mine, fixed it for years, and the steering was much tighter....my .02....

LGCDEVIL
    This is what I did with my old jetovator. Is this similar to what you're talking about?
    This would probably have to be adapted for your hardware, but it worked in my case. Never blew out another o ring and this jetovator was pretty old (loose clearances).
    http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/sidestop1t.jpg
    http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/sidestop2t.jpg
    Thats it

460 jus getn it
    Mine did the same thing. Its the machining clearances that are off. 460 jus getn it's boat does the same thing. We are running american turbine droops and they do this. Maybe I can call ron today and get an answer.
    Yep, but since i painted the droop that has gone away. It is a clearence issue like many have stated.

Wicked Performance Boats
    Powdercoat it twice on the inside and sand it to fit with a dremel tool. I know this works, because my powdercoater painted my pump parts and they were the wrong color. So he did it again without stripping them and I had to sand them to fit. [last job for this powdercoater] Budlight

Dominator Scott
    Powdercoat it twice on the inside and sand it to fit with a dremel tool. I know this works, because my powdercoater painted my pump parts and they were the wrong color. So he did it again without stripping them and I had to sand them to fit. [last job for this powdercoater] Budlight
    I think the powder coating idea is the best route to go,and will last the longest.

inwo
    Wouldn't recommend for newer parts, but I fixed a really trashed one, before the days of "O"rings.
    Gave it a thick coat of JB weld and used a ball for a mold. Been a while, but I think it was some kind of a hollow rubber ball.
    Saved a lot of sanding!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Hey 396 how did it work on your boat?
    rondane
    What are you asking about? Which part? My droop came straight from the vendor(american turbine). As far as duane's impeller detailing,wearring and balancing, It made my pump very efficient! Don's inducer and packing seal worked like a champ too I havent touched the droop because Im building a 540 next month. I will probablly play with it next month and test the droop on my friends boat. he has thru transom exhaust and I can sit next to the motor and look at the droop. Then I can make adjustment from there.
    On another note, I am going to buy a snoot and test it on my boat. That way I can see what difference it makes on my boat along with a few others. $400 isnt alot for me to spend on trail and error I know that it will work on one of our(east side crew's) boats

e514jet
    dominator,
    where did you get the through bulkhead fittings for your cables?
    Also please send some more pics of your boat. I'll pm you my address..E

Dominator Scott
    dominator,
    where did you get the through bulkhead fittings for your cables?
    Also please send some more pics of your boat. I'll pm you my address..E
    Sent you a PM. :rollside:

Gearhead
    And as Pat can surely attest.... That power coat is a slow sanding job! That stuff is pretty tough. I coated a pro loader for fun just to see if the powder is tough enough for that job. I ran it a year and pulled it out to take a look and it looks just about the same way it did when I put it in. I do however see a few very minor burn spots on my coated ride plate.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast