Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Is this normal with a droop snoot?

DEL51
    I always remember reading duane prides himself on personally checking all his parts BEFORE they go out the door.......wonder what the other 19 customers had to say? Hey 396 how did it work on your boat?
    rondane
    Rondane are you Danish? Why are you so mean to the HI tech guy? he took his part back and explained why he removed 19 others from inventory.Whats up? you can pm me if you want but be alittle more positive.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Rondane are you Danish? Why are you so mean to the HI tech guy? he took his part back and explained why he removed 19 others from inventory.Whats up? you can pm me if you want but be alittle more positive.
    He is a negative person.You know that negativity leads to a short life....
    I posted a reply to him and I wasnt a jerk and he still hasnt replied. Ronjane is just a window licker that thinks he knows it all and has it out for a man that helps people out on here.
    Its all good because little does he know that everytime he uses duanes nam, he just advertises for him I can guarentee you that duane will smile when he reads this
    Hey del51, I will post the info about the speedcoat when I pull the pump to inspect Hell, I will even post pics like I always do

Here's a list of his posts. Almost every single one of them is negative.
    At least he's consistent.
    Read through them. It's really pretty pathetic. They all have that Chet Capoli ring about them too.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/searc...archid=1304221

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Here's a list of his posts. Almost every single one of them is negative.
    At least he's consistent.
    Read through them. It's really pretty pathetic. They all have that Chet Capoli ring about them too.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/searc...archid=1304221
    Daaamn, we got dan comming out of the gates with tha bodyslam Thats odd comming from such a humble individual
    Hey dan, whats new for the winter? Anything going to ba added to your CHEENA???

Hey dan, whats new for the winter? Anything going to ba added to your CHEENA???
    Possibly some new carbs. Attempting to get back some fuel efficiency. I want to sell my two 660's and go to some smaller (450 cfm) double pumpers, or possibly vacume secondaries.
    Might flip it and work on the bottom again too. I'm not sure about that just yet. I didn't get the best shape on my strakes when I blueprinted it last year and I think I can do better. I think I'm losing some lift, but can't be sure.
    I finally got rid of my porpoise by adjusting hardware. However, it ended up costing me some speed.
    Probably some new wires too.
    If ya know somebody looking for a couple 660's let me know. I rebuilt them last year and they work perfectly, but they're fuel hogs. I got way more carb than I need and the non-progressive (all or nothing) linkage kills my mileage.
    They've got the extended transfer tubes and can be jetted at all four corners.
    http://jetboat.homestead.com/carbs_done_copy.jpg

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Possibly some new carbs. Attempting to get back some fuel efficiency. I want to sell my two 660's and go to some smaller (450 cfm) double pumpers, or possibly vacume secondaries.
    Might flip it and work on the bottom again too. I'm not sure about that just yet. I didn't get the best shape on my strakes when I blueprinted it last year and I think I can do better. I think I'm losing some lift, but can't be sure.
    I finally got rid of my porpoise by adjusting hardware. However, it ended up costing me some speed.
    Probably some new wires too.
    If ya know somebody looking for a couple 660's let me know. I rebuilt them last year and they work perfectly, but they're fuel hogs. I got way more carb than I need and the non-progressive (all or nothing) linkage kills my mileage.
    http://jetboat.homestead.com/carbs_done_copy.jpg
    I will pass the info along. I may know someone. How much for both?
    I have a holley 600cfm(vac) secondaries if your interested. Its one of the shinny ones. Ill take $100 for it. Let me know if interested

Thanks Mike
    I think a pair of 600s would still be too much. I was running a single 850 cfm on a dual plane with the same combination in the motor and that was plenty.
    That's a really good price though.
    I'd like to get enough out of the 660s so that I could make the change to different carbs without laying down any cash out of pocket.
    Here's an ebay ad where they're selling rebuilt 660s for for $565 a pair.
    Holley 660s on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/4224-660-CFM-HOL...2QQcategoryZ31 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) Those aren't even setup with the secondary metering block and extend transfer tubes. Meaning you're stuck with the secondary jetting (as is), or have to buy some extra pieces parts. Those parts aint cheap either.
    If I could find a couple used VS 450s that'd probably be about right. I don't care if the replacement carbs need rebuilding as long as they're mechanically sound and CAN be rebuilt.
    I see where Jegs is selling the Holley 450 dps for $193 each. I'm thinking those might work out o.k. as long as the linkage is progressive enough.
    Those damned 660s are cracking the secondaries open at anything over 3000 rpm. Since I rarely drive at 3000 rpm or less, it's killing me at the pump.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456