Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RHINO'S, I just dont get it

catman-do
    So we are out in Glamis from Thursady to last night. These things are everywhere! Even worst off, 99% of the people driving them are jackass's and shouldnt be behind the wheel. These things are like jet ski's on sand. Cheep to buy and take little or no experience for someone to drive. We saw kids that looked to be about 5 or 6 driving down the drags!!! WTF were the parents thinking. There was a set of 8 year olds that flipped one in front of our camp, and then one flipped at Olds on Sat, saw one upside down in a bowl on saturday by China Wall. One almost got landed on by a longtravel rail jumping into the drags on Friday. I just dont get it. Sure the rails have a lot of power and get a little crazy sometimes but those things are 100k and most likely the person driving has a fair amount of duning experience to spend that kind of money. Bikes take a certain amount of skill just to be able to ride in the soft sand in the first place, and quads are kinda like Rhinos, unless your a girl or 60 years old then you probably shouldnt be on one. just my .02 after seeing some of the morons out there this weekend.

Todd969
    I think you nailed it with " Jackasses"

Trailer Park Casanova
    So we are out in Glamis from Thursady to last night. These things are everywhere! Even worst off, 99% of the people driving them are jackass's and shouldnt be behind the wheel. These things are like jet ski's on sand. Cheep to buy and take little or no experience for someone to drive. We saw kids that looked to be about 5 or 6 driving down the drags!!! WTF were the parents thinking. There was a set of 8 year olds that flipped one in front of our camp, and then one flipped at Olds on Sat, saw one upside down in a bowl on saturday by China Wall. One almost got landed on by a longtravel rail jumping into the drags on Friday. I just dont get it. Sure the rails have a lot of power and get a little crazy sometimes but those things are 100k and most likely the person driving has a fair amount of duning experience to spend that kind of money. Bikes take a certain amount of skill just to be able to ride in the soft sand in the first place, and quads are kinda like Rhinos, unless your a girl or 60 years old then you probably shouldn't be on one. just my .02 after seeing some of the morons out there this weekend.
    Millions of them,, vast, vast counts of them at the dunes.
    Most were having a good time acting normal,,, but:
    Thanks be it they don't go that fast up dunes,, YET.
    This time next year people will be stuffing them in the sides of bowls with a little more HP.
    What scared us were the families all whose heads were higher than the roll bars.
    They were looking OVER the roll bars.
    They take off the stock bar, and fashion a POS full length one that is way too flimsy and way too short.

Jyruiz
    I can see it now, dune lice.

BoatFloating
    So we are out in Glamis from Thursady to last night. These things are everywhere! Even worst off, 99% of the people driving them are jackass's and shouldnt be behind the wheel. These things are like jet ski's on sand. Cheep to buy and take little or no experience for someone to drive. We saw kids that looked to be about 5 or 6 driving down the drags!!! WTF were the parents thinking. There was a set of 8 year olds that flipped one in front of our camp, and then one flipped at Olds on Sat, saw one upside down in a bowl on saturday by China Wall. One almost got landed on by a longtravel rail jumping into the drags on Friday. I just dont get it. Sure the rails have a lot of power and get a little crazy sometimes but those things are 100k and most likely the person driving has a fair amount of duning experience to spend that kind of money. Bikes take a certain amount of skill just to be able to ride in the soft sand in the first place, and quads are kinda like Rhinos, unless your a girl or 60 years old then you probably shouldnt be on one. just my .02 after seeing some of the morons out there this weekend.
    As being cheap to buy???? Not compared to a quad but to a Long travel yes. Every thing you said about them you saw I've seen with kids and dumb asses on quads so I don't see a difference. I've seen 7 year olds riding a Raptor and almost got hit 3 times at the drags. It doesn't matter what your on if you don't get it then you don't get it....

phebus
    As being cheap to buy???? Not compared to a quad but to a Long travel yes. Every thing you said about them you saw I've seen with kids and dumb asses on quads so I don't see a difference. I've seen 7 year olds riding a Raptor and almost got hit 3 times at the drags. It doesn't matter what your on if you don't get it then you don't get it....
    What, I don't get it?

h2oski2fast
    Untrue statement.
    As with boats, just because you can afford to buy it doesn't mean you are qualified to drive it.

BigDoug
    Rick, your to old to understand !!!!!!!!!...........................got it ?

BADBLOWN572
    Rhinos are great for out in Glamis. We rolled one all weekend through the dunes. Never had a problem. Don't blame the toy for operator's lack of experience or lack of judgment.

HocusPocus
    Don't blame the toy for operator's lack of experience or lack of judgment.
    Amen! its not the toys that are the problem but the loose nut behind the wheel.
    :crossx:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast