Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RHINO'S, I just dont get it

Jyruiz
    Rhinos are great for out in Glamis. We rolled one all weekend through the dunes. Never had a problem. Don't blame the toy for operator's lack of experience or lack of judgment.
    Well said, this should go for PWC's as well.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Was it BoatCop who once said long ago:
    -"Ya Can't Legislate Common Sense".

Ziggy
    Fads are fads, soon enough legislative regulations will kill the current rage of the Rhino's......as they are beginning by not allowing more passengers than the design originally was built for..... 2
    Jruiz hit it right on with Dune Lice but I like to say Sand Fleas.....you have a mix of responsible riders with "jackasses"........
    The bad apples will ruin it for the good oranges

Jyruiz
    Fads are fads, soon enough legislative regulations will kill the current rage of the Rhino's......as they are beginning by not allowing more passengers than the design originally was built for..... 2
    Jruiz hit it right on with Dune Lice but I like to say Sand Fleas.....you have a mix of responsible riders with "jackasses"........
    That does seem to fit better.

bohica
    I saw a lot of a-holes out on them as well. Your right on with your comparison to a Jet Ski. Some people have no clue when driving them and suffer from a bad case of tunnel vision. I had a few close calls with some rhinos and quads on the flats.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Believe it or not, the Effective Sand Groups I hang with that have some juice with the BLM are trying to hold back some rules.
    A rule becomes a benchmark starting point that can sprout and grow and start restricting all kinds of other activities. It can become a cancer that spreads to the brain.
    Ya can't legislate common sense.
    A drivers license is a good start.
    Other BLM rules are in effect relating to the back seat, reasonable seat belts.
    The helmet idea is being kicked around.
    Little Sahara Sand dunes requires the flag mounted on front, no kid drivers, and one hell of a roll cage, judged by the LEOS descretion.
    Sadly, no kids under 12 on any quad reguardless of the size of the quad.
    A good example how one rule will bleed over effecting something non-related.
    Once the rule Metastisizes,, ya can't stop it. It's a cancer.
    Look, ya have to have hub caps on your cars wheels now because it's illegal to go around with your nuts showing.
    http://www.americansouthwest.net/uta...50/sahara1.jpg
    Little Sahara Sand Dunes.

BoatFloating
    Believe it or not, the Effective Sand Groups I hang with that have some juice with the BLM are trying to hold back some rules.
    A rule becomes a benchmark starting point that can sprout and grow and start restricting all kinds of other activities. It can become a cancer that spreads to the brain.
    Ya can't legislate common sense.
    A drivers license is a good start.
    Other BLM rules are in effect relating to the back seat, reasonable seat belts.
    The helmet idea is being kicked around.
    Little Sahara Sand dunes requires the flag mounted on front, no kid drivers, and one hell of a roll cage, judged by the LEOS descretion.
    Sadly, no kids under 12 on any quad reguardless of the size of the quad.
    A good example how one rule will bleed over effecting something non-related.
    Once the rule Mastasizes,, ya can't stop it. It's a cancer.
    Look, ya have to have hub caps on your cars wheels now because it's illegal to go around with your nuts showing.
    http://www.americansouthwest.net/uta...50/sahara1.jpg
    Little Sahara Sand Dunes.
    Bingo.......
    Don't matter the cost of the equipment.... Dumb asses have now spending limit....

squirt'nmyload
    those things are 100k and most likely the person driving has a fair amount of duning experience to spend that kind of money.
    lol.......good one

OGShocker
    I saw a lot of a-holes out on them as well. Your right on with your comparison to a Jet Ski. Some people have no clue when driving them and suffer from a bad case of tunnel vision. I had a few close calls with some rhinos and quads on the flats.
    Don't you sponsor a Rhino Race Team? :idea:

bohica
    Don't you sponsor a Rhino Race Team? :idea:
    I've seen the race rhino with the Bohica name, but that's not me. I bought Tobteks rhino, took it out in the dunes and decided it's not the right toy for the dunes for me. I'll keep it as a camp crusier, but for the dunes, I much prefer my buggy. They're way underpowered for my driving style and definitely not a toy for a newbie. I'm not saying they shouldn't be out there, but experience in picking a good line, knowing the power limitations and reading the dunes correctly will make for a much safer and fun time. Pick a bad line and they will bite you in the ass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast