Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: has any of the smoking bands changed your city

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    there is a difference between banning smoking indoors and the city wide bans, isn't there? Meaning you cannot smoke within city limits? Indoor or out?
    I am a smoker and have no problem with not being able to smoke indoors. I do not like smelling smoke while I am eating either. I do not even care if I can't smoke in a certain city. Just don't go there. Or don't smoke while you are there. Big deal.
    Now, everyone go ahead and judge me and my character and morals because I smoke. :rollside:

HTRDLNCN
    By the way since you are on Travis, can you honestly tell me there aren't a whole bunch of fools working on changing alcohol laws for the worse at Carlos and Charlie's on a busy weekend? :crossx: Common sense or arrogance? :wink:
    Dunno,,lake has been down so long and
    their docks out of the water so I havent been there in ages.

Old Texan
    Dunno,,lake has been down so long and
    their docks out of the water so I havent been there in ages.
    We were there Memorial Day and it was a lonnnnnnggg time trying to get off the lake. Must of been 200+ boats trying to get off Sat evening. Spent the rest of the weekend on L. Austin. Was pretty relaxing as they didn't allow PWC's on the water.

HTRDLNCN
    Its been nice on Travis this month since all the public ramps are out of the water except Mansfiled and that one is barely staying open.
    I keep mine in the marina so I dont have to deal with that and
    the ramp there is still in the water as well.
    Been going to Johnny Fins since its right across from me
    but its hit or miss there ,some weekends its busy some
    weekends its plain dead..

Jordy
    Now I'm not sure that any "bands" that come into Phoenix and smoke change anything. Bans??? Mostly have been in restaurants, yet allow smoking in bars with a physical separation. Funny thing, I don't smoke but my dad, bro, step-mom, and most of their friends do, and at our collective favorite restaurant in Mesa, Arizona, where we've been going for closing in on 30 years, I've eaten in the restaurant part maybe 2 times, even before the smoking restrictions. Better people in the bar.
    Oh, and I really don't buy into the 2nd hand smoke thing either. I believe in genetics, karma, and fate. I've known people who have lived into their 90's who spent a majority of their lives smoking and I've known people who have died from cancer at a young age who have never smoked, worked in a bar, or spent any time in a bar sucking on 2nd hand smoke. Everything happens for a reason.
    Flame away because it's the internet and I can take it.

clownpuncher
    I heard Abba was a smoking band way back in the day. Don't think they made much of an impact on Palm Springs though.

Jbb
    Now I'm not sure that any "bands" that come into Phoenix and smoke change anything.
    http://www.pf-roio.de/roio/roio-cove...king_blues.jpg

Tom Brown
    Oh, and I really don't buy into the 2nd hand smoke thing either.
    I don't believe bullets hurt people so I'm going to fire a few in your direction.

Tom Brown
    Be prepared for a drive by ash tray dumping Brown
    I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'll listen for the raspy 2 pack a day hacking cough and know you're about to pay me a visit.

Jordy
    I don't believe bullets hurt people so I'm going to fire a few in your direction.
    Allow me to go all RD and shit for a second, but second hand smoke was an easy explanation for people who ended up with lung cancer who never smoked. Oh, you must have been around a smoker??? No, oh, ever been in a bar with smoke??? Oh, you have a severe case of second hand smoke. Lung cancer, I don't buy. Emphasymia and other respiratory/health issues, by all means. And like I said, I'm not a smoker and never have been.
    P.S. Bring your pussy ass BB UZI in my direction Brown, I'll find some big titted girl to bust a cap in your Canatard ass!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast