Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Static Electricity

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Super Dave
    Thanks, Just thought I would ask where would be a good ground?? right to the block or the engine rail where everything else is. Call you soon.
    I would ground to the rail kit if it is that important

67weimann
    Aww you sucker :crossx: why are you sneeking low blows in :crossx:
    got to get them in where I can :crossx:

bp
    i've been using the black poly lines since 1989, and never had a problem.

OverKill
    Misinformed you guys about this thread. What I found out was because the pump is run on 12 volts and by having steel lines connected right to the pump could carry a 12 volt charge ingniteing the fluid inside. For safety reasons I will be using poly lines on the inside, and steel lines on the outside. Thanks everybody for the replies

uberjosh
    the conductive black hose superdave is talking about is impregnated with carbon for conductivity its common on forklifts and such so the static is constantly grounded out. just incase you wanted to know
    later

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    the conductive black hose superdave is talking about is impregnated with carbon for conductivity its common on forklifts and such so the static is constantly grounded out. just incase you wanted to know
    later
    Nice tat...................

Duane HTP
    A little off subject here, but still to do with static electricty. For whoever don't know, the fuel fill in the side of the boat needs to be grounded to the tank. This will cause the static spark talked about above if NOT done. An easy way to do it, is to take a piece of #16 wire, cut it two inches longer than the fuel fill hose, strip both ends about 1". Then bend the two stripped ends over each end of the hose, push it back on the tank neck, and reinstall the fuel fill. This will solve the static problem on the fuel fill.
    PS: The fuel tanks also need to be grounded to the motor just like everything else in the boat.

OverKill
    Duane
    Thanks for that information. I will get on it right away, sounds like common sense to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123