Thread: So I have to pull the trees out

lewiville
    Just bought a house and now I have to pull out the trees. These are 5 year old cottonwood trees. If you know anything about Cottonwood trees this is gonna suck. I just had a arborist out and he pretty much gave me the low down on these trees. First of all they grow 4 to 6 feet a year. Second, the root systems is incredable. Even after you tear the stump out the roots will still grow and you have to watch out for the seedllings to sprout up and shoot Round Up on them.
    Any ideas on how to take care of this issue with out paying $2200 for this guy to take them out?

Trailer Park Casanova
    Used to cut them, then put dowpon on the stump, then sometime later, maybe a month grind the stump.
    Work'd great.
    Don't know if Dowpon, or a variant is still available.
    Aka Agent Orange.
    Cotton Wood is Redneck Bamboo.

CARLSON-JET
    $5.00 bag of salt... no more trees.

jimslade
    Drill a few holes in the trunk at a 45 degree angle. Pour in gas. Tree gone BYE BYE. Or scrape off bark around the bottom. Spray green with roundup concentrate. Works well.

3 daytona`s
    Drill a few holes in the trunk at a 45 degree angle. Pour in gas. Tree gone BYE BYE. Or scrape off bark around the bottom. Spray green with roundup concentrate. Works well.
    It is the most over rated product on the planet :idea:

MR HARLEY
    Contact Biglue. :wink:

YeLLowBoaT
    I have delt with those b4... It takes along time to kill those things.( not as bad as a slik tree though,,,) Cut them to the ground and drill a bunch of holes in the stump. It will help them break down faster.

lewiville
    these sum biatches can grow. like i said the arborist said that they can grow 4 to 6 feet in a year..............holy shizzzel