Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Since its Halloween soon

Jbb
    The sound of music..

FMluvswater
    The sound of music..
    :idea: ... the lonely goatherd scene?

Froggystyle
    I can't stand scary movies because my imagination is so intense that I will just have horrible nightmares for days. Learned my lesson...
    That being said, I visited my cousins in Orange county one summer when I lived up in Sonoma. My slightly older cousin had just turned 15 or so and we took a car down the street to the movies and the only thing playing was "Psycho 2". I didn't really want to watch it, but I didn't want to be a puss either. So, we went in and watched it.
    Most of the way through the movie, our hero is driving through a sick rainstorm, on a levee road with a dead body in the back that he has to get rid of. Thunder, lightning, sideways rain etc... Well, sure as hell, the body isn't really dead, and it starts to rise from the back seat as he strains forward trying to see the road through all of the weather.
    The music gets louder and louder, the "dead" body gets higher and higher into your view and the weather gets worse and worse. The body's hands reach around slowly to strangle the driver, but only creep towards his throat as the music and scene comes to a crecendo. Just as the dead guy grabs the drivers throat with a vengeance....
    Two teenage chicks behind us grab us by the throats and scream bloody murder!
    Popcorn everywhere, I basically screamed like a bitch and my heart exploded. I am almost certain that I turtled a little bit and maybe touched some cloth too.
    Hands down the best scare of my life.
    I don't watch scary movies anymore.
    We got phone numbers after the movie.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Whats the scariest movie you have ever seen? I actually have a few that made an impact........
    1. Halloween, the Michael Myers Movie.......
    2. American X (I think thats the name) That movie game me nightmares for YEARS because of a certain scene in it.
    3. Jaws - Scared me out of the ocean for years LOL
    Are you talking about American History X? The skinhead movie? The curb scene?

Her454
    I can't stand scary movies because my imagination is so intense that I will just have horrible nightmares for days. Learned my lesson...
    That being said, I visited my cousins in Orange county one summer when I lived up in Sonoma. My slightly older cousin had just turned 15 or so and we took a car down the street to the movies and the only thing playing was "Psycho 2". I didn't really want to watch it, but I didn't want to be a puss either. So, we went in and watched it.
    Most of the way through the movie, our hero is driving through a sick rainstorm, on a levee road with a dead body in the back that he has to get rid of. Thunder, lightning, sideways rain etc... Well, sure as hell, the body isn't really dead, and it starts to rise from the back seat as he strains forward trying to see the road through all of the weather.
    The music gets louder and louder, the "dead" body gets higher and higher into your view and the weather gets worse and worse. The body's hands reach around slowly to strangle the driver, but only creep towards his throat as the music and scene comes to a crecendo. Just as the dead guy grabs the drivers throat with a vengeance....
    Two teenage chicks behind us grab us by the throats and scream bloody murder!
    Popcorn everywhere, I basically screamed like a bitch and my heart exploded. I am almost certain that I turtled a little bit and maybe touched some cloth too.
    Hands down the best scare of my life.
    I don't watch scary movies anymore.
    We got phone numbers after the movie.
    ROTFLMAO! Thanks Wes, you just made me day. :rollside:

Her454
    Are you talking about American History X? The skinhead movie? The curb scene?
    YES, that seriously damaged my ability to sleep for a long time. Movies don't normally bother me like that but that did a number on me for sure. I still dont like to even think about it.

AltarGirl
    The Shining...when it first came out
    This was on last night & it still terrifies me.

Her454
    This was on last night & it still terrifies me.
    He does make a great psycho doesn't he? :crossx:
    REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM

Froggystyle
    American History X was just on Starz last weekend and I Tivo'd it.
    Disturbing, yes. I thought that the way that they sent the anti-violence message was profound though. The ways that they showed the hatred to be nothing but self-propagating and self-serving was brilliant too. I think my favorite part was when the skinheads turned on him and it became instantly clear that the fallacies involved in a system of hate were serious and real. The prison, the meeting at the end etc. were all very real to me, coming up from a very punk rock post-adolescence.
    I had a lot of "Straight-edge" peeps coming to our shows. No Neo-Nazis that I knew of, but plenty of fringe groups. As with anything else, living on the fringe is going to dictate a certain outlook, and these guys showed it for sure.
    I think that the American History X was one of the greatest movies of all time with regard to race relations, the importance of involvement in finding solutions (Not merely "not-participating") and highlighting that these hateful groups on both sides of the coin exist.
    What scares me the most about it is that people think they need to polarize to survive. Republican/Democrat, White/Black etc... They implied that without the support of the Neo-Nazi's he would have been seriously abused in prison, and once he turned his back on them he would be killed by the blacks. Which of course makes the rest of the problems worse.

Biglue
    American History X was just on Starz last weekend and I Tivo'd it.
    Disturbing, yes. I thought that the way that they sent the anti-violence message was profound though. The ways that they showed the hatred to be nothing but self-propagating and self-serving was brilliant too. I think my favorite part was when the skinheads turned on him and it became instantly clear that the fallacies involved in a system of hate were serious and real. The prison, the meeting at the end etc. were all very real to me, coming up from a very punk rock post-adolescence.
    I had a lot of "Straight-edge" peeps coming to our shows. No Neo-Nazis that I knew of, but plenty of fringe groups. As with anything else, living on the fringe is going to dictate a certain outlook, and these guys showed it for sure.
    I think that the American History X was one of the greatest movies of all time with regard to race relations, the importance of involvement in finding solutions (Not merely "not-participating") and highlighting that these hateful groups on both sides of the coin exist.
    What scares me the most about it is that people think they need to polarize to survive. Republican/Democrat, White/Black etc... They implied that without the support of the Neo-Nazi's he would have been seriously abused in prison, and once he turned his back on them he would be killed by the blacks. Which of course makes the rest of the problems worse.
    I watched that movie a few times. It took me a couple times to capture new stuff in messages like you mentioned. I agree, that movie is extremely touching. If it wasn't for all the violence, I would think that would be a great tool in schools for educating young kids. All it takes is one convincing individual to propose and idealogy or belief for a young kid to fall into the shit seen in that movie. I also like the way the movie did not overly play out the roles of the skin heads or gangsters like other similar films. It focused on the story and not the actions. And most important it did not glorify a gun toting skin head/gangster.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast