Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Estate Help??

dicudmore
    hell we are up for what ever!! whats a good bonus beside the commission?? :idea: .. my lady is into real estate also, she has asked around on what else to do but none have made any difference..the house is one of the lowest in that area but falls more in the middle when it come to pricing for hayward hills..its hard to be the lowest/but also make $$ cause there really no two house's the same up there...everyone has its pro's and con's......just looking for some inside crap that works...lmao..trying to stay optimistic!!
    maybe try upping the commission to 4% or a $5,000 seller bonus...
    it seems to work out here--ya know the deal--an agressive realtor is gonna push somebody towards that particular property :wink:
    When I sold my house in So-Cal it was showed a zillion times with no offers--one day after upping the % there were three offers at full price.
    At the same time though--just like used cars--there's a butt for every seat. 1,000 can look, only one needs to bring an offer.

707dog
    well after everything else it wont hurt to give that a shot im gonna run that by my better half when she gets home..thanx for the input!!..hey if it works ill have to look ya up when im in vegas for some cocktails or something!!

Ivan Dan
    maybe try upping the commission to 4% or a $5,000 seller bonus...
    it seems to work out here--ya know the deal--an agressive realtor is gonna push somebody towards that particular property :wink:
    When I sold my house in So-Cal it was showed a zillion times with no offers--one day after upping the % there were three offers at full price.
    At the same time though--just like used cars--there's a butt for every seat. 1,000 can look, only one needs to bring an offer.
    I have 4 listings offering out 5% commission to the buyers agent and we really haven't seen any more acitivity/offers then other comparable homes in area that are offering 2.5-3% commission. In this market I would rather see the client lower the price 2% than offer out that additional 2% to a buyers agent. It's great in theory but it just doesn't seem to work. Buyers right now are timid based upon the market.

Ivan Dan
    I was also gonna mention that a couple of my listings we lowered the price this past weekend and we must have hit the sweet spot finally because I got offers on both of them. IMO I think the price is key and if the buyer likes the place and think they can get a good enough deal they will make an offer.

acatitude
    Im going thru the same thing. lowered price no offers for a couple months, now I get 2 offers in a week .. Ithink if everything is done its just timing... hell im paying the agents over 40k and they need more bonus???? I disagree..... the market is tough right now and Im sure theres a lot of starving agents out there, youd think they would be bending over backwards to make a sale. not just looking for a bonus..my .02

707dog
    I have 4 listings offering out 5% commission to the buyers agent and we really haven't seen any more acitivity/offers then other comparable homes in area that are offering 2.5-3% commission. In this market I would rather see the client lower the price 2% than offer out that additional 2% to a buyers agent. It's great in theory but it just doesn't seem to work. Buyers right now are timid based upon the market.
    it appraised for 715k. we opened it @ 710k but since then have dropped down to 675k and are gonna run it @ this price for awhile dont wanna drop it much more cause we are gonna roll that $$ over in to our new house. it wierd cause my lady and her mom own a house in newark,ca and its on the market for 1.1million and they have had more action on it then our house..it kinda baffels us..but ill pass this info along also ..thanx!!

707dog
    Im going thru the same thing. lowered price no offers for a couple months, now I get 2 offers in a week .. Ithink if everything is done its just timing... hell im paying the agents over 40k and they need more bonus???? I disagree..... the market is tough right now and Im sure theres a lot of starving agents out there, youd think they would be bending over backwards to make a sale. not just looking for a bonus..my .02
    hey bro i felt the same with so many agents out there that with 3% they would have atleast showed some face..nada..hell im ready for another hookie day..lmao

dicudmore
    yeah Dan, our market is definitely different in Vegas...the buyers are good, the sellers are timid :wink:
    The bonus worked on my so-cal house, but that was over a year ago...

Ivan Dan
    it appraised for 715k. we opened it @ 710k but since then have dropped down to 675k and are gonna run it @ this price for awhile dont wanna drop it much more cause we are gonna roll that $$ over in to our new house. it wierd cause my lady and her mom own a house in newark,ca and its on the market for 1.1million and they have had more action on it then our house..it kinda baffels us..but ill pass this info along also ..thanx!!
    I just went through the same thing with my house....appraised for $650,000 easily. I had it on the market for $650k and ended up opening escrow last week for $615,000.

707dog
    come on escrow..lol..i guess we will have to play the waiting game ..sux but gonna have to roll with the punches and hopefully wont take to much of a hit..

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast