Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Estate Help??

707dog
    hang in there dog its timing. my house just sold this morning only 10k under asking price, but I had dropped it before.......... I think peole may be starting to jump on the lower prices knowing what the house will jump back to good luck
    THANX BRO!! WE ARE HANGING ON TO THE HOLY CHIT HANDLE NOW..LMAO..

wright27
    SELLING AGENT BONUS usually gets 'em showed and sold here in Vegas :wink:
    Agents get more than they are worth already. Drop the price don't give it to them.

acatitude
    well house is sold one more house to get sold......... sooooooo new winter blowout price for the grocery getter is 75k firm firm firm........ someone needs to step up..... see in spam or ask anyone about boat.. well almost anyone ...... :boxed:

Smiley
    Part of our problem out here in the good ol' east bay is the Home Builders. All the big new construction companies are offering incentives of HUGE amounts off of new home purchase prices and they are bringing down the values of homes out here. Oh and not to mention who would buy a resale home for 600K when they can go to a new home communitity and get 99K off the purchase price for using their lender plus a ton of free upgrades and pay only 500K? It just sucks. :220v:

707dog
    Part of our problem out here in the good ol' east bay is the Home Builders. All the big new construction companies are offering incentives of HUGE amounts off of new home purchase prices and they are bringing down the values of homes out here. Oh and not to mention who would buy a resale home for 600K when they can go to a new home communitity and get 99K off the purchase price for using their lender plus a ton of free upgrades and pay only 500K? It just sucks. :220v:
    funny this was part of a lunch topic today between me and one on my workers... :rollside: so true!!!

deltarat
    But it keeps your Hubby employed dosn't it?

Tom Thorpe
    Try doing a work up on the overall long term cost of using a builders tie in mortage company against what anyone can do in the open market. Nothing is free.
    Sold several homes myself with my own Real Estate attorney and refused to pay any perspective buyers agent. Agressively promoted every Sunday afternoon for couple of months. My wife was caving in a few times but we got our price.
    IMO it takes lots of exposure, gotta parade lots of folks throug it. Clean it, paint it, stage it, sell it, You'll git it done, juss have some patience.

CBadDad
    Tough time to be selling a house that's for sure.
    I myself am in a holding pattern, since after my divorce (that finalled 11/04).
    One of my kids friends parent is a RE agent, and tried to sell me a fixer upper in the neighborhood at a recent school function. At $550K, it is the lowest priced SFR listed in our zip code. The problem is, with nothing down the payment is still about $4K/month for this 40 yr old, 3/2 1700 sq ft on a busy street, vs. the $2300 month rent on a 4/3 2300 sq ft home with a view on a quiet street in the same neighborhood.
    Why would I do that? I am not gonna see a $17K return on my taxes. I certainly wouldn't use my capital to put down on the house, potentially losing any equity in the next couple of years.
    Best of luck to you, but you might be better off renting it out. As more potential buyers like myself wait, the rental market is sure to improve. You will also reap the tax benefits too.

Tom Thorpe
    Not exactly Hot Boat speak but this is the kind of info that facilates spending $$$$$ on our rigs.
    Watch renting out a home in which you lived! That was my first RE mistake.
    If I had sold the home outright the accumulated appreciation I had earned would have had no tax consequences. However after having rented it for three years b/4 I sold it the sale became a taxable event due to it not being my principle residence and a income producing property. Income tax based on difference between the purchase cost basis and selling price less accepted deductions. Really hurt!
    Also;
    Hope no ordinary earner out there has an option ARM. In order to afford the engines I've gone thru I looked for the least out of pocket home financing. Option ARM's have the lowest initial payments but are an absolute fatel mistake except for the very wealthy.

Smiley
    But it keeps your Hubby employed dosn't it?
    LOL - No Hubby here!! I am the one working in the mortgage biz.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast