Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BoatCop Reset Story: What's The biggest "Throw" Ya Ever Got Envolved with?:

Trailer Park Casanova
    We seen some pretty hairy brawls along the river.
    What's the biggest take down, scuffel, arrest you ever had to get into on the job:?

Boatcop
    What's the biggest take down, scuffel, arrest you ever had to get into on the job:?
    Can't remember any big brawls or fights. I've taken a few uncooperative drunks to the ground a couple of times, but nothing major.
    There's been some times that I've been challenged, but talked them out of it. Usually something like. "You can go straight to jail, or via the Emergency Room. Your choice. Either way you ARE going to jail." Or I had one guy once ask me if I thought I could kick his ass. I just shrugged and said. "I don't know, but I'll give it my best shot." He kind of laughed and submitted to arrest. I give them the chance to "save face", and not feel a need to "prove themselves".
    I get no "rush" from fighting, nor am I really interested in doing it. I find it better to talk the guy down, rather than go hands on. Especially at my age. Law Enforcement has swayed away from going hands on with bad guys, if we can avoid it. Fighting only leads to excessive force claims, officer injuries, suspect injuries, extra costs (we have to pay their ER bills), and law suits.
    Not to say I couldn't mix it up if I had to, but nowadays I just let my TASER do the fighting for me. :220v:

Jbb
    Alan.....If were were to come up with......say ....a small "honorarium" from the donation fund......would you taze RD....film it ...and post it here for us? ....zzzzzzaaaaaapppp!

racecar.hotshoe
    Not to say I couldn't mix it up if I had to, but nowadays I just let my TASER do the fighting for me. :220v:[/QUOTE]
    thats shocking to hear..

Trailer Park Casanova
    So it's gone digital too.
    Sitting at the Bluewater, not unusual to see punks enter for nothing more than to start trouble. And they're not particularly tough.
    Usually only see it at the river. Maybe it's the high concentration of drunks.
    -Been boozeless 1 month today. Don't miss it at all.

Keith E. Sayre
    Selling boat all these years has given me the opportunity
    to get to know alot of retired police officers mostly from California. They all say the same thing--they couldn't do it today due to the ACLU and those types of organizations.
    They talk about unwritten rules of arrests after chases and
    how they handled guys with attitudes etc and it makes sense but in todays legal world it doesn't work. While I'm
    not advocating abuse, I can certainly see that it would be much tougher today than it would have been 20 years ago to earn the respect of the criminals. Just like in grade school, back then you didn't smart off to your teacher or
    to the principal because you knew he'd get the paddle out
    and he'd make it hurt. Today, society says that you can't
    do anything like that so we have schools full of little sh__s
    with no respect. Go figure.
    Boatcop and those others of you in LE. Hats off to you for
    being there. I couldn't do what you do.
    Keith Sayre

RiverDave
    Alan.....If were were to come up with......say ....a small "honorarium" from the donation fund......would you taze RD....film it ...and post it here for us? ....zzzzzzaaaaaapppp!
    How much we talkin here? Enough to raise laters boat? If so I might just head on out there and get myself "tazed."
    RD

Jbb
    How much we talkin here? Enough to raise laters boat? If so I might just head on out there and get myself "tazed."
    RD
    Remember Dave.....Ceiling cat is watching!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...atspanky54.jpg

Tom Brown
    How much we talkin here?
    I'm in for 20.

Trailer Park Casanova
    I'm in for 20.
    That's $17.25 U.S. bux so I'm in for $22.75 to make up the difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast