Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Got beer jacked...

boatsnblondes
    It's the UP guys...they get no water out of Yuma, so they stop the train, run over, grab your shit and put it in run 8 before anyone knows they were there...look for trails of beer cans going north along the tracks towards West Colton....fockers...... :yuk:

catman-do
    Yep, that's me. :crossx:
    Dude, youve gotta talk Rob into getting a bike of his own. This shit about them sharing one bike sucks. They harldy rode. Rob came out with us once to Olds and then we went to that Jeep once it started burning and back out sand highway. They had some pretty good sized step-ups out there this weekend along sandhighway.

Tremor Therapy
    I am glad you guys are still willing to brave the dunes, but that is one of the reasons I don't go anymore. About 10 years ago over Halloween someone snuck into the camp next to us and stole the smoothies and Dune Sliders right off one of the guys Banshee's! Now I always locked up my bikes with a huge chain and railroad lock, and then chained the Rottie just outside the motorhome door.
    But I gotta tell ya, if I found you in the wrong place you'd end up with an ass full of buckshot....and if you ran fast enough, I might try and out run you with a S&W 40!

JetBoatRich
    Was out in Glamis this past weekend. On Sat morning I go to my ice chest to grab some ice and my beer was jacked They left the water, cokes, tool box, and a set of tires but took my beer. :crossx: They even got my buddies vodka out of his ice chest but took nothing else. Wow, I can't believe how ballsy people are out there. We had 6 trailers in a circle and they walked right into the circle and took the stuff.
    sounds like an inside job

Flyinbowtie
    This crap started happening at Sand Mountain about 5 years ago, but on a much smaller scale than Glamis. Booze, seats off quads, and once we heard about a trick Banshee that was pulled out to the highway and stripped.
    Back when I had it, I always put the rail in the trailer at night, and cabled the quads. We never had any problem primarily due to the 120 lb. Rotweiller on a 50 ft. chain staked in the middle of camp, but since Ruger the Camp Security Chief is no longer with us, gonna hafta make other arrangements.
    This shiznit is one of the reasons I have always preferred the enclosed toy trailer & motorhome or truck/camper combo to a toyhouse. I always felt better with the tools and toys in the "garage" at night.
    There is a big sticker on the door to it that says;
    "ANYONE FOUND AROUND HERE AT NIGHT WILL BE FOUND HERE IN THE MORNING..BUT ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO DIG"
    Just a sign o' the times, folks.
    Perhaps a special 'baited" ice chest is in order.. :idea:

77charger
    When we got a toyhauler we left the coolers at home and use the fridge.I usually chain my generator and gas cans at night but in many years i have yet to encounter a problem.BUt at night with a heater running i doubt you will hear anything outside these days.another trick i have read about is one will ride a loud piped 4 stroke around a camp while another will steal your stuff.
    Never heard of strong arming for booze but if it happened to me they will have a big hole in them form a .45 and when it comes to guns i am very good.You dont want to just go outside for a look when you know someone is mesing with your stuff might be someone on the other side of the door just waiting for you by surprise so bust out thru the door run 20 ft then turn around firing if you need to.

wsuwrhr
    Turn around firing back in the direction of your vehicle, where my wife is sleeping?
    I agree with you in jest, but I hope there is something else in your plan.
    Brian
    You dont want to just go outside for a look when you know someone is mesing with your stuff might be someone on the other side of the door just waiting for you by surprise so bust out thru the door run 20 ft then turn around firing if you need to.

77charger
    Turn around firing back in the direction of your vehicle, where my wife is sleeping?
    I agree with you in jest, but I hope there is something else in your plan.
    BrianKey word fire if you need to.I can defintely hit a target most likely thieves will scatter too.

wsuwrhr
    Key word fire if you need to.I can defintely hit a target most likely thieves will scatter too.
    Problem is some pullets pass.
    Brian

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345