Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana Hinges...anybody else have problems with them?

DILLIGAF
    When I got them on the new boat a few people told me that they seem to spring leaks all the time. Well it is happening to me and I am getting sick of this shit. I looked into adding braided lines for all the connections but it really costs a lot more than I want to spend on it. The last three times I have been out the friggin' hoses leaked . Twice one came off and now the left side is leaking. That tubing they use seems to be pretty lightweight considering it is a hydrolic type set up. The fluid going all over the engine is not fun at all
    Anybody else have problems with leaking with their Dana Hinges or is it just me having some bad luck?

Jyruiz
    Sucks to hear, hope it gets resolved.

ChumpChange
    You're talking the Dana scissors right? No problem with mine. Almost three years now.

Dribble
    Wanted to put them on my boat but the guy who rigged it said that unless I went with all steel braided lines, I would have nothing but problems.

Dana Marine Products
    There's a few questions to go over to figure out why they're leaking. It's not a common problem. Is it leaking at the fittings? Is the hose bursting? Is the hose ejecting from the nut and farrel? The hose is a 2500 lb burst rated line. The line is not the problem. The Power Hinge system doesn't operate at half of that pressure. Once I have some specific information we can figure out why this is happening. The pump is set up to put out X amount of pressure, if a bypass valve is stuck in the pump, when the cylinder bottoms out in either direction, it can put out an excess of pressure. That can cause the hose to fail. Give me a call 951-279-5005, Bob, we'll get you going in the right direction.

Dana Marine Products
    As far as the braided lines being a requirement, not at all. Unfortunately some installers make installation mistakes, or use the product on hatches that are too heavy. Just like anything else, care must be taken during installation to assure no future problems will arise. When the product is used and installed correctly, they're great. Pump failures are extremely uncommon, but that is pretty much the only thing that can cause failures.

Dana Marine Products
    Sounds good, I'll be here till 6pm.

Cat & Mice
    As far as the braided lines being a requirement, not at all. Unfortunately some installers make installation mistakes, or use the product on hatches that are too heavy. Just like anything else, care must be taken during installation to assure no future problems will arise. When the product is used and installed correctly, they're great. Pump failures are extremely uncommon, but that is pretty much the only thing that can cause failures.
    Nice to see a manufacture step up and try and help. I was considering going with setup and when I read your post I thought I may reconsider. With a manufacture willing to step up I would go with them in a heart beat. I would rather buy from people who care and do the right thing to help. These custom parts get thrown into so many configurations it makes it really hard to biuld a product that will never fail. The question is will they step up.
    Good luck working out the problems.
    MP

gmocnik
    have to give the nod to dana on customer service also...had issues with some hydraulic trim tab cylinders a few years back...dana (owner), helped me everytime and did not let it go until he figured out the issue....

BADBLOWN572
    I have installed probably over 100 pairs of the hinges. Not one have we ever had a problem with (unless installation error). If installed properly, you will not have a problem and will last you a LONG time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast