Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dana Hinges...anybody else have problems with them?

Huckleberry
    DMP,
    A quick question for ya. What is the maximum weight for a hatch to use your hinges? The jacks on my 33 Daytona are painully slow.

Dana Marine Products
    The hinges with the stock plastic lines and stock pump pressure settings are good up to 125 lbs. They are capable of lifting much more, but you have to keep in mind the leverage point of where they're lifting. Lifting a 125 lb hatch from the rear 12" of a hatch that is 48" long is actually equivilant to lifting over 300 lbs. The shorter the hatch, the easier it is to lift. You can step up to the full braided line set where we also set the pump pressure higher making the lifting capacity 155 lbs. We are in the process of developing a monster version of these hinges for larger twin engine applications.

Huckleberry
    Guess I'll wait until the monsters come out. Will you be sure to post it here for us???

Dana Marine Products
    I'll keep you posted, of course it will have to be in the over crowded spam section. I've tried communicating with ***boat about creating a new marine products section for paying advertisers. Offshore Only does it, HB should too. There's always alot of new cool stuff out there and it's a damn shame to be stuck in the spam section. By the time you finish posting something, you're already bumped three pages back.

Robbie Racer
    I have had the Dana hinges on my Carrera for 5 years and over 400 hours with zero leaks or other problems. I love how fast they open the hatch. :rollside: Good luck getting to the bottom of the problem.

DILLIGAF
    Just an update...Bob at Dana bench tested the pump and it came back good. Might possibly be a leak in some of the tubing so it is getting all redone by Shockwave. Thanks for helping out Bob.
    Rick at Shockwave is getting me taken care of and the boat is done and ready for pickup.
    I love it when a plan comes together
    Just to say it again...I was not looking to slam Dana and was just trying to see if others were having the same problem. Bob came on and attacked the problem along with Shockwave and it should now be a thing of the past.
    That is what I call excellant service from both Dana and Shockwave.

Havasu1986
    In the boating industry you rarely find anyone to stand by there products...Good job and Dana and SW... I wonder if Rex Marine would do this :idea: Don't give me a vacation Rexone :boxed:

Jbb
    I had those on my Edge jet......when I first installed them the plastic hoses blew off and made a mess a few times....I installed some t shaped tiny stainless fittings we use at work on plastic air hose .......never blew another hose.....Im sure I still have some laying around ....pm your address and I can send you some to try....problem solved....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...294175646A.jpg

Kachina26
    Thanks for the offer JBB. I didn't see your post earlier but they got me all squared away.
    I also was looking to bump this thread to thank Dana and Shockwave again
    If you want to keep this thread at the top, you gotta add some drama to it. Ya know like Bob called you a dirty drug dealing low life for starting a thread about his product. Seriously though, it's cool to see a quick resolution to your problem. I'll go get my dose of drama on the treadspectresunktheboat thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123