Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Seperators

This is probably a dumb question but......... How do get so much water in your fuel that you need this? I mean.... I put gas in at the same place I do my car and I have never had one and have not had any problems on that either. Was just wondering. Maybe I will get one just cause.

OverKill
    A must have and change the filter once a year. I have an electric fuel pump on my jet, the two in's and two out's that set up work nice so you can plumb your fuel lines from the regulator to the carb. and the other side right back to the fuel filter. This will prevent dead heading the regulator and shorten the life of the fuel pump.

67weimann
    This is probably a dumb question but......... How do get so much water in your fuel that you need this? I mean.... I put gas in at the same place I do my car and I have never had one and have not had any problems on that either. Was just wondering. Maybe I will get one just cause.
    It's not an issue of the water is already there at the gas station but condensation. You are putting the gas in a wet environment where you can get condensation in the tanks.

Ok, so just incase like water coming in your vent tube or some thing like that. My tank is right next to engine where it is warm and covered.
    http://***boat.net/forums/attachment...id=19472&stc=1

67weimann
    Ok, so just incase like water coming in your vent tube or some thing like that.
    I would have to assume that is also a possibility. Once you get some water in the tanks it will run like a turd.

IMPATIENT 1
    wix sells a nice kit for 45 bucks. comes with a cast alum base that you screw the filter/seperator onto like an oil filter. the filter/seperator has a drain cock on the bottom for water removal, they work great! the base is a 1/2 pipe thread so alot of fuel can pass thru it, i installed mine before fuel pump and never had water in fuel probs again, filtered the fuel great too!

wix sells a nice kit for 45 bucks. comes with a cast alum base that you screw the filter/seperator onto like an oil filter. the filter/seperator has a drain cock on the bottom for water removal, they work great! the base is a 1/2 pipe thread so alot of fuel can pass thru it, i installed mine before fuel pump and never had water in fuel probs again, filtered the fuel great too!
    Thanks, I'll look it to getting one then.

Some of us check our gas level by poping the cap while on the water... Or what i've seen before is when somebody climbs into the boat they pop the cap and you dont notice it for little while..
    Really it's just a precausion, boat is on/in the water, chances are i will fill up at a fuel dock now or then and who knowns what your getting. Also who knows maybe the cap isnt sealing perfectly or one time or whatever... i'm sure there are many ways water can end up in the tank. At least for us guys who can reach over and touch the water while were crusing along

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12