Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 20 and Bottom 20 Safest Cities

ratso
    Waco 266... Ye Haw!

AltarGirl
    Alot of California in there

Old Texan
    Only thing that list proves is you can take statistics and make them do any result you want. Being familiar with a lot of the list really question the rankings.
    No doubt some of the bottom dwellers belong down there, but there are a bunch up higher that are real questionable.
    The list was probably compliled with public funds and will somehow be used to waste more public funds .

ratso
    Alot of California in there
    ...and Texas, except a lot of them actually could be combined as Ft Worth and Dallas.
    We have our share of murders, homicides, what have you... but the one we really get nailed with is the Branch Davidians, and also The Lake Waco Triple Murders quite a few years back, which they have a good book to read on that...

slink
    Only thing that list proves is you can take statistics and make them do any result you want. Being familiar with a lot of the list really question the rankings.
    No doubt some of the bottom dwellers belong down there, but there are a bunch up higher that are real questionable.
    The list was probably compliled with public funds and will somehow be used to waste more public funds .
    You are probably correct. FBI compiles their stats using part 1 crimes. There are 7 part 1 crimes which include: Homicide, Rape, Robbery, Assaults, Burglary, Larceny and auto theft. These are all felony crimes. Several years back, someone tried to steal my truck in Rancho Cugamonga, clear as day what their intent was. I call Rancho PD (contract city of SBSO) and they take the report. Several weeks later, I was in my inusrance office settleing up some repairs. I saw a copy of the police report. It should have been classified as an attempt auto theft (664/10851). Instead they titled it as a vehicle tampering (CVC 10852) which is a misdemeanor. No big deal to me, but next year Rancho Cugamonga was the #1 safest city in the nation. Kinda of a coincidence.

CARLSON-JET
    I looked a few times.. I guess Chicago is not a city ..

INSman
    Livin' in number 11 and loving it !!

maxwedge
    I looked a few times.. I guess Chicago is not a city ..
    Our whole state didn't even get honarable mention anywhere. I'm guessing all the criminals in Chicago and East St. Louis are pissed about that. All that hard work and violence going un-appreciated....It's a damn shame.

455Rocket
    43...not so bad
    but I'm only 5 miles away from # 368?

Zaairman
    WOOHOO! Way to go St. Louis. First we steal the World Series from Detroit, and now this

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast