Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's Got A Jet-a-way

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    interested in one. wanted to know how you guys like em before i give my $ to HTP. How hard are they to set up? how far did you have to move the motor foward. can you engage neutral from the drivers seat? any info would be great! lfls3

1slowboat
    interested in one. wanted to know how you guys like em before i give my $ to HTP. How hard are they to set up? how far did you have to move the motor foward. can you engage neutral from the drivers seat? any info would be great! lfls3
    i,m going to purchase one as well for my new boat..... i think if you plan on running faster than 70mph you need one. there are alot of +,s with one also, disconect and you can run the motor without streesing about the pump impeler spinning on the wear ring and scorring the impeller..if your motor dies at wot. you wont pitch the boat and injure or even kill some one, lose the boat ect.. now i dont know about a driver seat lever .... that might be a bad idea or good, have to think about what a jetaway is for... SAFTY i think you might be able to fab up something to work but you might damage the boat or your self if the motor died at wot,....... just something to think about...

Jeanyus
    You cannot disengage the jetaway from the drivers seat. I have never used one but I think you pull out the 2 pins to dinengage it. I would like to have one to warm up my boat in the pits. Plus the added safety if your engine fails.
    http://www.hi-techperformance.com/im..._x_600_pix.jpg

jamessampica
    I have one and i love it.I't's a good feeling knowing if the motor lock's up i'm not going over the bow of the boat.I have both safety device's on my boat and over 100 mph it's a must.I know they are not cheap but get thrown out just once and all the time your laying in the hospital recovering you will be kicking yourself for not putting one in your boat.I don't mean to preach but i've seen to many of my friend's get hurt by being thrown out.LATER!!!!!
    JIM S
    P.S. I bought mine from Duane and he will treat you right.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    I have one and i love it.I't's a good feeling knowing if the motor lock's up i'm not going over the bow of the boat.I have both safety device's on my boat and over 100 mph it's a must.I know they are not cheap but get thrown out just once and all the time your laying in the hospital recovering you will be kicking yourself for not putting one in your boat.I don't mean to preach but i've seen to many of my friend's get hurt by being thrown out.LATER!!!!!
    JIM S
    P.S. I bought mine from Duane and he will treat you right.
    how does it work? do you have to pull the pins like pervious stated? did you have to move the motor foward?

jamessampica
    First of all there's no pin's to pull.You just pull or push on the two knob's on the side's.This slides the collar forward or back.Push it back and it release's it from the motor and pull it forward to lock up to the motor.And yes you can run the motor while it is unlocked or pushed back to release it from motor.It work's great.I've had mine for 8 years and no problem at all.Hope this help's.LATER!!!!
    JIM S
    PM me if you want for more info.The motor will have to be moved or set the pump back or shorten the drive line 41/2 inches

jamessampica
    Sorry about that Duane!!! Did'nt mean to butt in.

Duane HTP
    You have to either move the motor forward, set the pump back, or shorten the drive line to install a JETAWAY in a boat that is already assembled.
    The JETAWAY is not a clutch. It can not be activated from the drivers seat. You just take the two handles and slide the shift ring backwards for neutral while standing by the boat.
    I just finished rebuilding one the other day. You can see it at
    http://www.hi-techperformance.com/Usedparts.HTM or call 316-794-8616

jamessampica
    Duane i push mine back toward's the pump to get it to diconnect from the motor.
    JIM S

Fogged Gullwing
    Set up is not tuff at all. Double drill the front of the suction piece and check the clearance of the thrust bearing. Duane has excellent instructions. This is a must have if your really going to push the big mph numbers. Watched to many people get tossed from their boat not having one. The other cool thing is you wont ever damage a race clearanced pump. Having the neutral alone is worth the price. Jeanyus and I took out his driveline when we were at ming and it takes some time and some cuss words. Just got mine and can't wait to use it!
    Hope this helps BK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast