Thread: Car audio insurance question....

HavasuSelect
    Do you guys think it's worth it to let the insurance company know about the in-dash TV in my truck? Would it be worth it for my premium to go up? Or is it possibly already covered? Thanks.

slink
    I know from past experience w/AAA, unless you notify them of any
    "after market accessories" and add them to your policy, they will not cover it.

Cole Trickle
    Do you guys think it's worth it to let the insurance company know about the in-dash TV in my truck? Would it be worth it for my premium to go up? Or is it possibly already covered? Thanks.
    Special equipment coverage is usually very inexspensive.
    Most policys limit aftermarket equipment to $1000.00 and you would have to show receipts. Also you will have to pay your deductible in either case so make sure your comp ded is low.
    If you want it back list it.

JB in so cal
    NO!!! Against the law! (I'm not a cop, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn)

BadKachina
    Take pictures and keep receipts. When mine was broken into last time Farmers never even asked for any proof but I had it just in case. They wouldn't cover things like tools, cd's or anything that wasn't attatched to the vehicle.

HavasuSelect
    Take pictures and keep receipts. When mine was broken into last time Farmers never even asked for any proof but I had it just in case. They wouldn't cover things like tools, cd's or anything that wasn't attatched to the vehicle.
    Hmm... Good to know.

HavasuSelect
    Special equipment coverage is usually very inexspensive.
    Most policys limit aftermarket equipment to $1000.00 and you would have to show receipts. Also you will have to pay your deductible in either case so make sure your comp ded is low.
    If you want it back list it.
    It cost me exactly 1k so I guess it works out. Hopefully I won't have to make a claim but I guess it's better to be safe then sorry.

HavasuSelect
    NO!!! Against the law! (I'm not a cop, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn)
    From my understanding and the warning that comes on everytime I turn the TV on is that it is illegal to watch the TV while the vehicle is in motion but not illegal to use it as a standard head unit.