Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rons flying toilet

79centurion
    Anyone using wither rons flying toilet, or enderle's single butterly injection setup? I am looking into procharging my boat, and I am going to use the carb setup for the procharger. I figured one of these would be my best bet. Also does anyone know if you can use gas in the flying toilet system, or alcohol only?
    Dan

fc-pilot
    Ron's only sets there toilets up to run on alcohol. I am sure you could figure out a way to run it on gas, but at what cost. The enderle might be simple to run on gas, being that most of there stuff is used for both alky and gas. Just my thoughts. (Now my head is empty).
    Paul

GofastRacer
    The barrel valve on the Toilet is not a conventional one where you can interchange spools for different fuels, it is it's own design and it was made for alky only. But you can buy all this stuff separately so all you would need to do is get the throttle body and then get a conventional barrel valve and the rest of the stuff and you're good to go, Hilborn has large single throat injectors also, or for that matter anything to control air will work, even dummy carbs work!..

steelcomp
    The barrel valve on the Toilet is not a conventional one where you can interchange spools for different fuels, it is it's own design and it was made for alky only. But you can buy all this stuff separately so all you would need to do is get the throttle body and then get a conventional barrel valve and the rest of the stuff and you're good to go, Hilborn has large single throat injectors also, or for that matter anything to control air will work, even dummy carbs work!.. There you go again, Art...puttin down carbs again!

GofastRacer
    There you go again, Art...puttin down carbs again!
    Well not completely, I did give them some credibility!..

79centurion
    Yea, the enderle setup can be run on gas. As for the hilborn setup, looks like the biggest single t-body is a 3". Enderle has a 4",5" or duals
    Dan

79centurion
    Art, maybe you can help me do a setup with a dummy carb setup. I have only used carbs before, and want to go injection. I may go alcohol, but I was thinking of running gas, then inject alcohol under boost with on of those "liquid intercooler" kits.
    Dan

GofastRacer
    Yea, the enderle setup can be run on gas. As for the hilborn setup, looks like the biggest single t-body is a 3". Enderle has a 4",5" or duals
    Dan
    The Hilborn's were disigned for a turbo deal where you'd have two of them, so to run them on a N/A deal on a big block you pretty much need two on a tunnelram!..

GofastRacer
    Art, maybe you can help me do a setup with a dummy carb setup. I have only used carbs before, and want to go injection. I may go alcohol, but I was thinking of running gas, then inject alcohol under boost with on of those "liquid intercooler" kits.
    Dan
    Yeah it's not that big of deal but it is a project though, especially to turn the carbs into throttle bodies that will flow right, back in the day we made a setup on a tunnelram on a dragster with a pair of junk 660's, took some work but right off the trailer without a tune up the car picked up 3 tenths and almost 4 MPH!.. A simpler way though would be a hat on a tunnelram, in fact I'm looking into that myself at this time!..

Blown 472
    Didn't some one build a carb/injector dealio? used a carb circuts for idle and start but was a fuel injector after that??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast