Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rons flying toilet

GofastRacer
    Does the injector have a way to start it? like an acclerator pump circut?
    No accelarator pumps, just have to keep fuel at the nozzles and it fires right up, like my deal!..

AzMandella
    Why not use one of Ron's Terminator setups instead of a toilet?
    www.ronsfuel.com/terminator.cfm

GofastRacer
    Yeah those are badass too!..

blowngas
    a lakeboat app and since he has no clue regarding us folks he said it was not suited for this.
    well, tell Bill Mitchell it works just fine in a boat!!------oh, and it was Sid Waterman who made it and Mitchell was gona market them-----mine was probably the 2nd or 3rd made----came from waterman-----ran it on a alky 496 with dart intake----worked great----the holley bowls had alcohol squirters in them-----the carb bowls main function was to use the squirters to prime the motor----the barrel valve had a ramp different than those of enderle, making it where it easier to run at off idle-----the big hang up was the price----but I don't know all the do's and don'ts of carbs, so I went with the injection because it's simple, like Art says-----if you had to buy a new intake and a pair of new carbs, then the price of injection isn't too far out of line-----always wanted to change the nozzels and main jet and see how it would do on gas, but never tried it------maybe someday

Taylorman
    They're super simple that's why we run em!..
    In what way? Are they lake boat friendly? I was under the impression that they are good for idle and wot, not a good midrange.

GofastRacer
    In what way? Are they lake boat friendly? I was under the impression that they are good for idle and wot, not a good midrange.
    Boat, car, truck it don't matter they don't know the difference, I can cruise all day at 2500, 3000 or whatever, back in the day I used to pull skiers and the kids in the tube no problem!..

GofastRacer
    well, tell Bill Mitchell it works just fine in a boat!!------oh, and it was Sid Waterman who made it and Mitchell was gona market them-----mine was probably the 2nd or 3rd made----came from waterman-----ran it on a alky 496 with dart intake----worked great----the holley bowls had alcohol squirters in them-----the carb bowls main function was to use the squirters to prime the motor----the barrel valve had a ramp different than those of enderle, making it where it easier to run at off idle-----the big hang up was the price----but I don't know all the do's and don'ts of carbs, so I went with the injection because it's simple, like Art says-----if you had to buy a new intake and a pair of new carbs, then the price of injection isn't too far out of line-----always wanted to change the nozzels and main jet and see how it would do on gas, but never tried it------maybe someday
    That's right Waterman did design it huh, I remember Mitchell had it in his catalog, thought about trying one but didn't have $$$ at the time,lol.. What was the barrel valve like??, was it like a conventional one with a tipical spool in it?, if it was did they have one for gas??, if they didn't just changing the nozzles and pill wouldn't help much, it would still run like shit!..

blowngas
    What was the barrel valve like??, was it like a conventional one with a tipical spool in it?,
    Honestly Art, I never took it apart to look and see what it even looked like!!!----now you got my curiosity up!!!------I'll have to dig it out and pull it apart and see just what it looks like------remember pulling it off once to replace the leaking O-rings with ones made of viton-----it's mounted on the side of the throttlebody, and I remember that if you tightened up the mounting screws it wouldn't operate correctly, so I just barely tightened it and it had a tendency to "drip" every now and then and everyone would always point out that I had a leak!!!-----will pull it down and take a look see and get back on here afterwards

DEL51
    well, tell Bill Mitchell it works just fine in a boat!!------oh, and it was Sid Waterman who made it and Mitchell was gona market them-----mine was probably the 2nd or 3rd made----came from waterman-----ran it on a alky 496 with dart intake----worked great----the holley bowls had alcohol squirters in them-----the carb bowls main function was to use the squirters to prime the motor----the barrel valve had a ramp different than those of enderle, making it where it easier to run at off idle-----the big hang up was the price----but I don't know all the do's and don'ts of carbs, so I went with the injection because it's simple, like Art says-----if you had to buy a new intake and a pair of new carbs, then the price of injection isn't too far out of line-----always wanted to change the nozzels and main jet and see how it would do on gas, but never tried it------maybe someday i paid 700 per carb from holley and 200 for modifiecations. they look good but should have ordered a beter carb for my app. Model9377 1150 cfm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123