Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: "Long Travel Rhino" report...

djunkie
    Take that front skid plate off and most of your cooling troubles will be solved. Even with the holes in it, it doesn't allow enough air thru to cool the radiator right behind it.
    Exactly. I've read that a lot of other people with skid plates on the front are having cooling problems as well. The last trip in Havi for the big Rhino ride I drove the piss outta my Rhino, and not once did it even seem to get hot.

Froggystyle
    Hmmm...
    Maybe I will open that thing up with some grille or something. I definitely need the protection. We were brushbreaking for 22 miles straight just mobbing over sagebrush, chapparal and small Manzanita trees. That thing definitely earned it's position there... In fact, I want to get some guards for the outer CV joint boots because of that. We took a branch through one and tore the boot. It didn't sling too badly, and we checked up on it a lot, but I am definitely going to be making a call to Brian regarding those things.

Sun burners
    OK so we are talking NEW YEARS eve on the lights?

Mandelon
    Hmmm...
    Maybe I will open that thing up with some grille or something. I definitely need the protection. We were brushbreaking for 22 miles straight just mobbing over sagebrush, chapparal and small Manzanita trees. That thing definitely earned it's position there... In fact, I want to get some guards for the outer CV joint boots because of that. We took a branch through one and tore the boot. It didn't sling too badly, and we checked up on it a lot, but I am definitely going to be making a call to Brian regarding those things.
    Geez Wes, that doesn't sound like you were treading lightly....

AZKC
    If anyone cares, I will post all of the pictures of the trip.
    You know we luv pics
    Sounds like your using that thing for what is meant to be

Froggystyle
    Geez Wes, that doesn't sound like you were treading lightly....
    Not even kindof. But, in my defense... the next person likely to go up that wash probably will be me, because there was ZERO evidence of human presence that far out in the middle of nowhere. It was like backpacking on the moon.

Froggystyle
    You know we luv pics
    Sounds like your using that thing for what is meant to be
    Big time. This is a great little vehicle. No chance of a Jeep going where we went. Too short for the overhangs, too narrow for the gaps, too aggro on the obstacles to high-center on.

Mandelon
    Not even kindof. But, in my defense... the next person likely to go up that wash probably will be me, because there was ZERO evidence of human presence that far out in the middle of nowhere. It was like backpacking on the moon.
    Its not other people you are supposed to tread lightly for....its the cute little bunnies, happy hopping mice and the slithering snakes and lounging lizards....
    Man--->using alliteration to fuqq with Wes's concience<----delon
    Sounds like fun. Bushes grow back. :skull:

Froggystyle
    Its not other people you are supposed to tread lightly for....its the cute little bunnies, happy hopping mice and the slithering snakes and lounging lizards....
    Man--->using alliteration to fuqq with Wes's concience<----delon
    Sounds like fun. Bushes grow back. :skull:
    Yeah... that wash is lucky I didn't burn it down to make it easier to drive through...

Sun burners
    Ttt?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314