Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: "Long Travel Rhino" report...

RiverRatMike
    yeah where are the pixs?

Froggystyle
    Is that thing geared low enough to pull your boat up a ramp....and does it have enough brakes to stop it? (I'm not familiar with Rinos)
    :idea:
    The low gear will pull your truck off of it's foundation, and I retrofitted the boat trailer and the Rhino for electric brakes. So, backing down the ramp the boat brakes itself. The power to get out is no problem at all, and with the lockers it works great on the slippery ramp.

OCMerrill
    As long as some jackass can get a VW powered trike registered, I will find a way to register my Rhino.
    I was at Echo Lodge this weekend and saw a CA plate Rhino sitting in front of a park model trailer.
    If the plate was not just taken off something else, there must be a way to do it?

Trailer Park Casanova
    Good report FS.
    Do the long travel up grades make the Rhino feel tipsy at all?

sigepmock
    Can't wait to see the pics Wes. I've talked with Brian about your Rhino several times. I still think a rear air bag set-up using "bag-over shocks" like the Funco buggies would be sweet and let you do both running and towing.
    Hope it works like you want it to. Brian does some amazing work and I'm glad you chose him for your project. I've had similar great results working with Brian and agree he's just a good guy.
    Congrats and hurry up with the pics
    Chris

Jordy
    No pics. You lost me. Boo.
    Sorry, just wanted to be the 14th person to ask for them. Sounds pretty bad ass, but what about the lights, stereo, batteries, airbags and stripper pole???

shadow
    The low gear will pull your truck off of it's foundation, and I retrofitted the boat trailer and the Rhino for electric brakes. So, backing down the ramp the boat brakes itself. The power to get out is no problem at all, and with the lockers it works great on the slippery ramp.
    Wes,Have you actually tried launching and retrieving on a slippery ramp?
    I know the Rhino can move the boat around,slippery ramp may be another story,Good luck hope it works out.

Froggystyle
    Wes,Have you actually tried launching and retrieving on a slippery ramp?
    I know the Rhino can move the boat around,slippery ramp may be another story,Good luck hope it works out.
    We haven't with the LT kit or the Kings, but we did it at Blue Water with stock suspension. It was squatted down really badly in back, which lightened up the front end a bit.
    The cool thing about the LT kit is it actually moves the rear axle back 2" and the front one forward 2". It increases the wheelbase enough to make a big difference.

Froggystyle
    No pics. You lost me. Boo.
    Sorry, just wanted to be the 14th person to ask for them. Sounds pretty bad ass, but what about the lights, stereo, batteries, airbags and stripper pole???
    You are confusing this with my truck... all of the above... Check!
    Actually, we are going to be doing a Air-Ride Technologies (Same company that built the system with me in the truck) "Shock-Wave" airbag adjustable shock. It should do everything we want it to and more. I just wanted to get the kit in, check geometry and get going with it.
    I am going to be working with Air-Ride this week at SEMA about getting the correct fitment, but once I do we should be good to go on the system.
    Wait until you see the lights. I will be getting the very first pre-production version of this LED rail built by a guy who used to work for me. 3+ times brighter than HID lights with an amazing dispersion. It is just daylight in front of you with them. The main projector is 40" wide by 3.5" tall and deep. The other two in front are 10" wide and will be on the front bumper. Plus, the draw is non-existant compared to standard incandescents. Not quite as miserly as HID's, but more light.

Sherpa
    definetly interested in seeing the new light system Wes............ sounds like
    just the thing for 4wheeling at night............ and of course, you suck because of no pics..............lol.
    --Sherpa

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast