Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton Turn

OverKill
    Learned one of the biggest leasons of my jet boating life from that. One I let my brother in law drive my boat (NO NO ). He floored it to the middle of the lake got to about 60 to 65, and he cranked it hard left. Needless to say there was damage. 1 kinked my hydraulic diverter lines on the outside, 2 flooded the boat past the battery, ran the bilge pump till the battery was dead. When he did that he let go of the wheel and slammed into me forceing the seat right out of the stringers. Because of the flooding I lost a brand new starter from RUST, and after spending money to get her going again all I got from him was kiss my ass I didn't do anything wrong. Now I know why they say marriage is TUFF.

Xerophobic
    Get a delta bottom aluminum hull and go nuts, we do this all the time with boats of all sizes. Full throttle, full steering lock and hold on.
    And yea what they said about sinking if you have the wrong hull haha
    We had 7 people in one of our Muskwa hulls up the river in the summer when I was here for a visit. Dale spun that thing about 12 times on the way back to the trailer. The kids loved it and it was very stable and controled. then again a Muskwa isn't exactly what you guys are used to seeing haha
    An interesting side note to this: I once heard a story of Rob C(former owner/ designer) water testing a boat with its new owner from Mexico before they took possesion of the boat. Rob told the guy if he could spin the boat he could take it, free. The guy took the boat but had to pay for it. If you ever get a ride in a step tech boat, you'll know why. They don't hamilton turn
    Cheers

gforceauto
    easy to do .. start a wide turn at about 40 and let off turn it floor it and hold the hell on. i can do it easy in my tahati, but i tried it in a cheap jetboat and filled the carb with water.
    T

67weimann
    easy to do .. start a wide turn at about 40 and let off turn it floor it and hold the hell on. i can do it easy in my tahati, but i tried it in a cheap jetboat and filled the carb with water.
    T
    What do you consider a CHEAP jet boat? Is it the price cuz I'm sure if I look hard enough I could find a lot of quality boats for "cheap" depending on your definition of the word

gforceauto
    this is what i call a cheap boat. paid a 1000 for it. for a get by boat fix.

67weimann
    http://www.***boat.net/forums/attach...chmentid=19379
    Man what a cheap jetboat...lol...I see what you are saying. What type of hull is it?
    Nice boat in the background...

atxwrangler
    It Looks Like A Kona! I Do This In My Rogers,every Now And Then,it Spins On A Dime At About 30 Or 35 Mph I Guesstimate.it Is A Do At Your Own Risk Stunt For Sure!

gforceauto
    Yup a kona, it would porpous at about 40. it sucked.... the tahati in the background is 10 times better, but flex's alot....

bighead
    I do spins sometimes in my big old turd, it is fun but I only do it by myself and slow. In my boat it is somewhat deeper vee than most and if I take a left turn at 25mph half lock turn and when the boat banks up i let off the gas slightly crank it hard left and hammer it for a second, man that sucker whips around 180 real quick, I have done it faster where the boats ass has cleared water and slid on the bow before the stern grabs and about 35 gallons washes in. I don't do that much anymore but slower ones are kinda fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast