Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any doctors in the house?

SnoopJonnyJon
    1. Free...just like living in Californiastan
    2. Good when needed
    3. :rollside:
    4. depends how sick you are
    Snoop
    Cut the arm off and beat Brown over the head with it....or ice it and beat Brown with the towel head
    One towel head coming up...

SnoopJonnyJon
    Someone hit a blood vessel. ITS JUST A BRUISE! Your not going to die. It will dissapate after a week. Don't overstress the arm. If you lived in a town larger than 20 people, you would have seen a real doctor. We send the diaper heads out west. They can also be used to clean up oil spills.
    Live in a town of 300,000, but whatever. I got better, faster medical advice on a boating forum than from the doctor. Horray for medicare. Praise Tommy Douglas.

Tom Brown
    Live in a town of 300,000...
    300000? Whachutalkinboutwillis?
    I got better, faster medical advice on a boating forum than from the doctor. Horray for medicare. Praise Tommy Douglas.
    There are some extremely good physicians in this province but they're very few. The problem has little to do with medicare. If you don't like the socialized medicine, you can always volunteer to pay for your care.

TCHB
    Are you on blood thinners (COMADIAN)
    If you are you should see a real doc or pm me and maybe I can help.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Is that a Int Scout/Travelall in your Avatar?
    We had those when I was in the Marines.
    Scout/Travelall LST 3000.
    (LST for: Large, Slow, Target)
    Whats the story?
    Canadian built US Vehicles always had a different name that the US counterpart.
    Looks restored and nice.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/custom...ar12978_15.gif
    Never saw Nelson Eddie restore anything in the movies.

Dan Lorenze
    Here's what Webmd says about common Hematomas.. (pretty much what Boatcop Alan said)
    Bruises and Blood Spots Under the Skin
    Home Treatment
    If your bruise does not require an evaluation by a health professional, you may be able to use home treatment to help relieve pain, swelling, and stiffness.
    Rest and protect a bruised area.
    Ice will reduce pain and swelling. Apply ice or cold packs immediately to prevent or minimize swelling. Apply the ice or cold pack for 10 to 20 minutes, 3 or more times a day.
    For the first 48 hours after an injury, avoid things that might increase swelling, such as hot showers, hot tubs, hot packs, or alcoholic beverages.
    After 48 to 72 hours, if swelling is gone, apply heat and begin gentle exercise with the aid of moist heat to help restore and maintain flexibility. Some experts recommend alternating between hot and cold treatments.
    Compression, or wrapping the bruised area with an elastic bandage (such as an Ace wrap), will help decrease swelling. Don't wrap it too tightly, as this can cause more swelling below the affected area. Loosen the bandage if it gets too tight. Signs that the bandage is too tight include numbness, tingling, increased pain, coolness, or swelling in the area below the bandage. Talk to your health professional if you think you need to use a wrap for longer than 48 to 72 hours; a more serious problem may be present.
    Elevate the bruised area on pillows while applying ice and anytime you are sitting or lying down. Try to keep the area at or above the level of your heart to help minimize swelling.
    Gently massage or rub the area to relieve pain and encourage blood flow. Do not massage the bruised area if it causes pain.
    If desired, apply a natural product directly to the bruise.
    Witch hazel may help heal damaged veins.
    Arnica may stimulate healing.
    Do not smoke or use other tobacco products. Smoking slows healing because it decreases blood supply and delays tissue repair. For more information, see the topic Quitting Tobacco Use.

Tom Brown
    If he was, they wouldn't let him donate.
    He's OK. He's a tough Canadian farm kid.

SnoopJonnyJon
    300000? Whachutalkinboutwillis?
    There are some extremely good physicians in this province but they're very few. The problem has little to do with medicare. If you don't like the socialized medicine, you can always volunteer to pay for your care.
    Maybe it's not 300,000 ... I am not a walking, talking census. I thought I heard that recently but I have no idea of the accuracy. Not sure how they count the natives in the culverts. As for letting me pay for it.. SURE. Been to the doctor twice since I was 5 years old. I would be happy to have all my wasted taxes back. gotta be careful though or the moderators will send this into the political forum

Tom Brown
    Maybe it's not 300,000 ... I am not a walking, talking census.
    I'll say you're not.
    As for letting me pay for it.. SURE. Been to the doctor twice since I was 5 years old. I would be happy to have all my wasted taxes back.
    I was like you but one day I went to the doctor and didn't get back to my house for 14 months. I was just as happy to not have to pay for that visit.

SnoopJonnyJon
    If you are you should see a real doc or pm me and maybe I can help.
    i'm not on anything like that. The nurses just poked around for about 15 minutes and must have tore some stuff up. They tried for about 10 minutes on my other arm but couldn't find anything, so moved onto this arm.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast