Thread: ? new to flats

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    I have a 18' flat. Can i go from Park Moabi to the Sandbar and not sink? I have only taken the boat to Pudding Stone, but it seems like if i stayed on it i could make it, but if i had any problems i would probably be swimming with the fish? Thanks for your input.

1Bahnerjet
    CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE:
    I have a 18' flat. Can i go from Park Moabi to the Sandbar and not sink? I have only taken the boat to Pudding Stone, but it seems like if i stayed on it i could make it, but if i had any problems i would probably be swimming with the fish? Thanks for your input. So Your Saying Flatbottoms only float if they are moving forward? I bet they Float & drift was well as a jet. Just make sure you have a Bilge Pump. A better Question might be, Can I go to the sandbar without getting stuck on the sandbar wink
    -----------------
    Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive
    [ April 21, 2003, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: 1Bahnerjet ]

Sangster
    The Sandbar is the place to be if your gonna get stuck... eek!

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    I know the boat will float, but since it is so low will it get swamped? I have not seen any flats or hydros at the sand bar. With all these big a** boats running all over the place.

ACCEPTENCE
    A flatty or a hydro from Needles to the sandbar??? Not a great idea but it can be done.

I wouldn't recommend it either but you never know. I guess if traffic was low you would probably be okay.

77charger
    I think it can be done i have taken a flat from havasu to the sandbar i wont do it on a 3 day weekend though.I did it in oct and there was plenty of smoot water for some good speed runs+a crew came down from needles in jet boats disco charger,hot hallet,revn dave

I do remember during some pretty smooth spots like your sayin 77charger. Prime time to take advantage of some beautiful water.