Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP George Forman

TexasChopper
    No George did not pass away, however my grill finally cooked it's last chicken breast. It's been a real friend for the last 7 years, and we have had many good times together. It will be missed.... at least until I go to store and get another one tommorow.. then I'm back in business!!!

RitcheyRch
    I'm on my 2nd one. Love the way it cooks. Only wish the upper and lower portions separated for cleaning purposes.

AZJD
    HA HA HA, made me look! :yuk:

Tom Brown
    No George did not pass away, however my grill finally cooked it's last chicken breast. It's been a real friend for the last 7 years, and we have had many good times together. It will be missed.... at least until I go to store and get another one tommorow.. then I'm back in business!!!
    I've gone through a few of them and certainly enjoyed them but won't buy another. Now I run Wolfgang Puck's Panini grill and will never go back.
    The shell is stainless steel so it doesn't discolor like the GFG. The hing works on the Panini Grill works properly, even on thick sausages and grilled cheese sandwiches don't cook more at the back because of hinge articulation limits. The clincher is that you can take the grills off and throw them in the dish washer.

Desert Rat
    The new GF grills do have the grills that are removable for cleaning. GREAT for those nights you're cooking for one

Tom Brown
    The new GF grills do have the grills that are removable for cleaning. GREAT for those nights you're cooking for one
    Do they have a metal shell? Actually, I wouldn't mind the plastic but the white plastic yellows where it's close to the grill and is exposed to heat.
    I paid $80 CDN for a stainless steel Panini grill. Can George can compete?
    My first GF jumbo grill was a piece of garbage. I was early on the program and it only lasted a couple of months. It was such a slick device that I bought another one anyway and it lasted much better. I'm on my third and I'm sure this one would go a few years.

HavasuSelect
    I've gone through a few of them and certainly enjoyed them but won't buy another. Now I run Wolfgang Puck's Panini grill and will never go back.
    The shell is stainless steel so it doesn't discolor like the GFG. The hing works on the Panini Grill works properly, even on thick sausages and grilled cheese sandwiches don't cook more at the back because of hinge articulation limits. The clincher is that you can take the grills off and throw them in the dish washer.
    I have the Wolfgang grill and I totally agree with you. My only gripe with it is sometimes the handle is too tricky to release.

Mrs.Racer277
    After you are done cooking soak paper towels with water, put on grill, close lid, when cool wipe off. Makes clean up much easier.

RitcheyRch
    Gonna have to look into the Wolfgang Puck Grill.

HavasuSelect
    Gonna have to look into the Wolfgang Puck Grill.
    Here's a start......
    http://www.wolfgangpuck-kitchenware.com/instructions/Panini%20Maker%20w-drip%20tray%20manual.pdf#search='wolfgang%20puck%2 0panini%20maker'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast