Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any doctors in the house?

SnoopJonnyJon
    About a week I figured I would be a good guy and decided I would drop by a blood donation clinic. They had trouble finding the vein, and did a lot of poking around. So now, a week later my arm looks like this... and the area gets larger everyday. Just wondered if any doctors (or nurses) thinks this is a problem. Clearly some internal bleeding going on I figured.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...id=19351&stc=1

Thorsinc
    Don’t be a p u ss and go to the docs

Member: 7673
    I'm no Dr. but I would get myself to the emergency room ASAP :220v:

CARLSON-JET
    Kick his ass folks. :crossx: Isn't there cheap medical in Canaduh?? :rollside:

Boatcop
    What you got there is a common hematoma.
    Blood is leaking from the blood vessel into the tissue around the arm. Basically a bruise.
    It usually doesn't pose any major problem, unless it starts to swell and/or look like a big blood blister.
    If it get's too much worse or painful, I'd see a doctor.
    But from the looks of it, a little ice compress will do.
    This is a new one. Medical advice from the likes of Hot Boaters. What's the matter? The local bar closed today? :crossx:

3 daytona`s
    About a week I figured I would be a good guy and decided I would drop by a blood donation clinic. They had trouble finding the vein, and did a lot of poking around. So now, a week later my arm looks like this... and the area gets larger everyday. Just wondered if any doctors (or nurses) thinks this is a problem. Clearly some internal bleeding going on I figured.
    I`ve been warned about us not adopting the Canadian form of medical care,you just sold me.

SnoopJonnyJon
    Yeah, we have our crappy medicare. I went in last night to a clinic and had a turban head tell me it is no problem and to just go home. Thought i would get a second... American... opinion

Trailer Park Casanova
    Blood is leaking from the blood vessel into the tissue around the arm. Basically a bruise.
    It usually doesn't pose any major problem, unless it starts to swell and/or look like a big blood blister.
    This is a new one. Medical advice from the likes of Hot Boaters. What's the matter? The local bar closed today? :crossx:
    Wife says BC is right, take his advice and if it hurts and you can't hold a beer then get it checked.

SnoopJonnyJon
    Thanks man... looks like I can stay home and deal with it myself

CARLSON-JET
    Alrighty then.. I take back my insults... Sorta.. Glad you did have it looked at.. I guess sometimes stuff looks freakier then it really is.. :yuk:
    Look on the bright side.. you have some cool picks and a start on a halloween costume. :skull:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast