Thread: Right hand 1 1/8 shaft prop wanted

CircleJerk
    Jerk Here, We have a Nosty racer with Fred Wickens personal flat in desperate need of a 16 or 15 pitch prop. He may need a 11X15 1/2 or llX16 to stop the wild hook we have discovered the boat has. It scared the new owner real bad so I took it out figuring he was just a typical Rookie driver, I was wrong. It turns a hard 30 degree left turn without warning and yes, it scared me also! The wheel was straight and I was just slowly squeazing the throttle exiting the corner! He knows now how rare a large bore R.H. small pitch prop is and is willing to pay a fair price. Tom, can you help? He has two new Menkins 11 1/2 X 17, and a 11 1/2 X 18 if someone could use them. He also has the problem of a rare Wickens v-drive that can't change gears. It only has 14 percent overdrive gears which are aircraft parts I think. He can only change props. Can anyone help a Nostalgic racer with a truly rare classic boat with a really bad handling problem. Yes, he is so discusted that he will sell it and go back to stern drive Scarabs if I cant help his problem. I think the wild pitch is the major problem since the engine is at 32 in and the drive at 102 in. But, what do you guys think? Are there any GN boats that run a similar prop? Thanks in advance for your input! Jerk wink

boatguy222
    CJ,
    Hey I have an idea You don't you have one of them cut down to an 11 1/2x 15 or so??
    Seems like that would be ALOT easier that finding the Right prop for that old Wickens wink wink

CircleJerk
    Marc, How do I cut the pitch down to 15? He is running the only decent one he has which is the 11 1/2 X 17. Did you mean cut the diameter down from 11 1/2? Go to bed and get some sleep 222 22 2 1/2. You are fading fast!!!

boatguy222
    CircleJerk:
    Marc, How do I cut the pitch down to 15? He is running the only decent one he has which is the 11 1/2 X 17. Did you mean cut the diameter down from 11 1/2? Go to bed and get some sleep 222 22 2 1/2. You are fading fast!!! WELL NOW, I Know someone who can repitch a prop, but if you keep that up the price is going up wink