Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drag Race Video

LeE ss13
    Saw this in the Sandbar Forum.
    Drag Race Video (http://www.whoisthemonkey.com/videos...sh-compilation)
    Dang .....

Been sittin here for 5-minutes.....still thinking about that!

fc-pilot
    And after watching that I am still thankful I started racing on asphalt instead of water. I love fast boats, but being in a roll cage sure helps me feel better about pushing something to the limit.
    Paul

And after watching that I am still thankful I started racing on asphalt instead of water. I love fast boats, but being in a roll cage sure helps me feel better about pushing something to the limit.
    Paul
    I agree. Mostly ran dirt. When all the racket stopped, got out and tried to figure a way to get it ready for the Main.

brad22
    That was a horrible and cool video all at the same time, I am very confused. I cant even imagine what it feels like to have your car blow up at 330mph, Im pretty sure you don't have much of a choice but to hang on! I have my Super Comp license and 165mph is fast. Im just glad that 95% of these guys walk away alive.

I think the worst injury in all of that is Schumacker with a broken leg. And a rung bell
    Pretty amzing stuff.

fc-pilot
    Smith had a badly broken leg when Gary came into his lane and smacked into the driver compartment. Other than those two, there were not many bad injuries. I have seen too many crashes first hand (heck, seeing one crash is too many) so going above and beyond the safety minimum has been a standard around here for our race team.
    Paul

funnycarmike
    WOW!!!! Them Funny Car guys are nuts!!!! Hey F/C pilot....How did the new combo. work in Tucson??? ....or should I address you guys as the #BURNOUT KING"??? I'm supposed to win that!!!! Congrats!!!!

fc-pilot
    Mike, we were saying the same thing. We won that by accident. Buzzz was just trying to get used to the new setup and peddle feel along with the new motor. He was just trying to keep the RPM's steady and realized (after he passed the 330 block) that it was the burnout competition. I have a feeling if you went side by side with us, or after us you would have won it. It ran consistent and we had no breakage so we were happy. While driving home we talked about some of the issues we were seeing on the computer and realized it was lean. We took it out the next week and put fuel in it and it came alive. We slid all over the place and had to peddle it four times and still ran an 8.2 (if I remember correctly). The track was cold so we packed it up knowing that we would not learn anything on a slick track. We are going to get started on the new car and hope to have it run at a few races next year.
    Paul

WannabeRacing
    Mike, time to get an avitar man.
    Right click this baby and save it and use it.
    http://www.wannaberacing.net/mikeav.jpg
    I compressed it a little heavy. Coule make it a little clearer if you wanted a bit bigger file.
    Not quite sure how I won the burnout contest. But when I was backing up and passed the 1000 foot cone, I knew I had gone a little too far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast