Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The stage is set.

http://***boat.net/forums/attachment...chmentid=19373
    http://***boat.net/forums/attachment...chmentid=19374
    Wish I could do some thing like that for my Dad. Don't for get to take pics of his reactions and post them Scott.

b's sanger
    As many of you already know I have been restoring my fathers 78 Sanger Super Jet without his knowledge. Well last night I called him to ask him to come and help me wire in some light fixtures in the house.(it was the only thing I could think of to get him to make the 3 hour drive to my house.) Anyways he is showing up on November 18th and hopefully what I have done with the Sanger will just blow his mind!!!!!
    I still have a few little things to get finished on the boat, like installing cleats and adjusting the shifter a little but she is pretty much ready to be unveiled to him. I am pretty stoked about him seeing it. :rollside:
    The 1st couple pics are before shots. The other 3 are what she looks like now.
    Please no cleats. That's an old school boat. Nooooooooooooooooooo

Dominator Scott
    Please no cleats. That's an old school boat. Nooooooooooooooooooo
    Don't really have a choice about the cleats considering there is no easy way to tie the boat up at the dock. My father is a survivor of throat cancer and has a trache tube in his neck that he breath's through, so he has to be very careful around water. If he were to fall in the water from trying to attach a line to the bow eye or the stern eye,he would drown instantly from that trache hole filling his lungs with water.
    Trust me when I say that the cleats will be done very tastefully and where I plan on putting them actually looks very nice and not an after thought. :rollside:

Wicked Performance Boats
    I just loop the rope around the steering columun and tie it to the dock. Just a thought. Budlight

Dominator Scott
    I just loop the rope around the steering columun and tie it to the dock. Just a thought. Budlight
    What about the stern? No offense my friend but a rope around the steering column is pretty redneck in my opinion. :yuk:

What about the stern? No offense my friend but a rope around the steering column is pretty redneck in my opinion. :yuk:
    LMFAO

Wicked Performance Boats
    Ok I'm a redneck with no cleats. You're a redneck with highback seats. Budlight :rollside:

Dominator Scott
    Ok I'm a redneck with no cleats. You're a redneck with highback seats. Budlight :rollside:
    I should of seen that coming. :rollside: Seriously though the cleats are more of a safety precaution for my dad. Not so much a cosmetic thing,but trust me when I say they will look nice and be tastefully done.
    Another reason for the cleats is to hang bumbers when coming into a dock so the paint job doesn't get all phucked up. That aluminum rub rail is about useless and I don't want the paint job all dock rashed. :yuk: How do guys keep that from happening? :220v:

Wicked Performance Boats
    I should of seen that coming. :rollside: Seriously though the cleats are more of a safety precaution for my dad. Not so much a cosmetic thing,but trust me when I say they will look nice and be tastefully done.
    Another reason for the cleats is to hang bumbers when coming into a dock so the paint job doesn't get all phucked up. That aluminum rub rail is about useless and I don't want the paint job all dock rashed. :yuk: How do guys keep that from happening? :220v:
    A. Don't tie up to dock. B. Tie up from boweye to dock downstream and let boat dangle. Do whatever you have to for dad. Budlight

Dominator Scott
    A. Don't tie up to dock. B. Tie up from boweye to dock downstream and let boat dangle. Do whatever you have to for dad. Budlight
    1)He is on a lake so the down stream theory is out.
    2)From the dock reaching the bow eye isn't easy,even for me so I don't feel comfortable with him doing that and possibly falling in the water.
    3)His dock is only the length of the boat and the end of the dock is up to his neck so the water gets deep fast. Having him wade out in the water to retrieve the boat makes me nervous.
    4) He has always tied to the dock in the past so I can't see that changing. I am going to try to convince him to buy a boat lift with a canopy but I don't know how successful that will be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast