Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The stage is set.

I am going to try to convince him to buy a boat lift with a canopy but I don't know how successful that will be.[/QUOTE]
    This would the best way. Keeps it from possibly sinking and scum growing on it also.

Heatseeker
    Nice job on the restore. I always enjoy watching people breathe new life into the classic glass...
    Tying up using the steering column works out well. I use two bumpers like these:
    http://images.westmarine.com/thumb/13094_t.jpg
    with suction cup fender straps to secure them. As long as one is in front of and one is in the rear of the column and you tie it kind of snug to the dock, the boat is well protected from dock dings. I am able to accomplish this without getting out of the driver's seat, which may be a plus for your pops. I've been doing it this way for as long as I've been boating and no matter if it looks redneck or not, neither of my boats has ever recieved any dock damage this way.
    I'm sure your father going to be stoked when he see's his "new" baby!
    Again, nice job!!!

Dominator Scott
    I am going to try to convince him to buy a boat lift with a canopy but I don't know how successful that will be.
    This would the best way. Keeps it from possibly sinking and scum growing on it also.[/QUOTE]
    I couldn't agree more. But his immediate reply will probably be something like this. " Why do I need a lift since it has never sunk before?" Besides the scum line will wash off.
    My father firmly believes that since a car or boat is clear coated it no longer ever requires a wax job. I can't begin to tell you how many times we have argued over that issue.
    I honestly think with him getting older,he just doesn't have the time or patience to do things like that and just says phuck it.

This would the best way. Keeps it from possibly sinking and scum growing on it also.
    I couldn't agree more. But his immediate reply will probably be something like this. " Why do I need a lift since it has never sunk before?" Besides the scum line will wash off.
    My father firmly believes that since a car or boat is clear coated it no longer ever requires a wax job. I can't begin to tell you how many times we have argued over that issue.
    I honestly think with him getting older,he just doesn't have the time or patience to do things like that and just says phuck it. [/QUOTE]
    That's funny :rollside: . That sounds just like me and my Dad. I usally win cause I point all the good in what I'm trying make him do and tell him I know some one that did or didn't do this and this is what happened to them and some other scarry stuff and he comes around and does it. Just think Dad it's just like parking your car in the garage don't have worry at all about sinking,scum or rain and sun damage. It's out of harms way ESPECIALLY since I just spent all this $$$ and time bringing this back to life it would really be nice to install a lift. Tell him he buys it and you'll install it. :idea:

Wicked Performance Boats
    If you didn't need wax on clearcoat, then why do they make a wax for clearcoat? That would be my argument. Budlight

Dominator Scott
    I honestly think with him getting older,he just doesn't have the time or patience to do things like that and just says phuck it.
    That's funny :rollside: . That sounds just like me and my Dad. I usally win cause I point all the good in what I'm trying make him do and tell him I know some one that did or didn't do this and this is what happened to them and some other scarry stuff and he comes around and does it. Just think Dad it's just like parking your car in the garage don't have worry at all about sinking,scum or rain and sun damage. It's out of harms way ESPECIALLY since I just spent all this $$$ and time bringing this back to life it would really be nice to install a lift. Tell him he buys it and you'll install it. :idea:[/QUOTE]
    The garage thing is kinda funny considering their cars haven't seen the inside of the garage in about 10 years. My mother has sooooo much chit in there like old furniture that she alwys said she was going to restore it."Yeah right" :skull:
    If my dad had his way he would get rid of ALL of it. Hell so would I given the chance. :rollside:
    I will be hitting him hard on the boat left idea. There are about 5 different lakes within an hour from his lake so we should be able to find a decent used boat lift for a good price somewhere around there I would think. I don't have a problem installing it for him.

e514jet
    How cool is that....way to go dominator....your dad will be very impressed!!
    again great job on the boat!!!!! I hope to have mine looking that good some day. Getting the mechanics done first. Then i will work on getting it painted.
    E

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123