Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just leave the kids alone...

Liberator TJ1984
    JERSEYVILLE, Illinois (AP) -- A teenager carrying a Bible and shouting "I want Jesus" was shot twice with a police stun gun and later died at a St. Louis hospital, authorities said.
    In a statement obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press, police in Jerseyville, about 40 miles north of St. Louis, said 17-year-old Roger Holyfield would not acknowledge officers who approached him and he continued yelling, "I want Jesus."
    Police tried to calm the teen, but Holyfield became combative, according to the statement. Officers fired the stun gun at him after he ignored their warnings, then fired again when he continued struggling, police said.
    Holyfield was flown to St. Louis' Cardinal Glennon Hospital after the confrontation Saturday; he died there Sunday, police said.
    I hope the cops get hung from their nutz for this one
    Like he was really hurting anything :yuk:

ratso
    JERSEYVILLE, Illinois (AP) -- A teenager carrying a Bible and shouting "I want Jesus" was shot twice with a police stun gun and later died at a St. Louis hospital, authorities said.
    In a statement obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press, police in Jerseyville, about 40 miles north of St. Louis, said 17-year-old Roger Holyfield would not acknowledge officers who approached him and he continued yelling, "I want Jesus."
    Police tried to calm the teen, but Holyfield became combative, according to the statement. Officers fired the stun gun at him after he ignored their warnings, then fired again when he continued struggling, police said.
    Holyfield was flown to St. Louis' Cardinal Glennon Hospital after the confrontation Saturday; he died there Sunday, police said.
    Yeah, sounds like kid was messed up, and it's hard to blame the cops for doing that to subdue him, and although we weren't there to witness it, they could have over reacted to the situation... who knows? I'm sure the entire story will be spread nationwide very soon, and there will be opinions from both sides of this...

Well, he's got Jesus now.....

Ultracrazy
    Nice knee jerk reaction..............without being there, how can you make a snap judgment? Tasers are saving WAY more lifes than they are taking.

RitcheyRch
    He might be in the other place.

Mrs.Killer
    He became combative???? Cops did nothing wrong.......

wsuwrhr
    He hopes.

Howie Feltersnatch
    Dammit!! You beat me to it!

ratso
    I still say most of the problems nowdays stem from the parents... kids taking guns to schools and killing, probably due a lot to "Just leave the kids alone"... Things are just way out of control!

Biglue
    Officers.....plural. Could they not have subdued him by just outnumbering him? Fokd situation though.
    Like it was mentioned those things are saving more lives than taking.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast