Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just leave the kids alone...

Liberator TJ1984
    So he was yelling............. and that requires cops to approach him???? I've seen plenty of people walking down the street yelling, sometimes at the trees, sometimes at the invisible person next to them, sometimes at the person next to them..........
    There's scores of people yelling the same thing he was every Sunday..
    Exactly ! , you never see Cop's tazing the crazy people on the corner yelling at you when you drive by , or tazing the jerks trying to sell me newspapers at a redlight by jumping in front of my truck while the other one is trying to shove the paper at me , or the panhandlers trying to bum money pulling the same trick... :yuk:
    The Kid had a Bible in his hands !!! not a knife or a AK !!
    And yea , I don't know the whole story , but i've heard enough

DSW
    What happened to people getting beat with the cops baton??? Why all the tazers now?

NOTALENT
    What happened to people getting beat with the cops baton??? Why all the tazers now?
    Tasers dont leave marks like batons.... :crossx:

MudPumper
    And yea , I don't know the whole story , but i've heard enough
    Ignorance at it's finest!!

Ultracrazy
    Ignorance at it's finest!!
    No shit.........that is your typical response of a people who sit at home and want.........no.....demand.....to be protected yet don't want to do it themselves.

Sleek-Jet
    Just be careful what you wish for... :idea:

KreatinKaos
    I wish my local cops would use a taser on the jesus freaks that go door to door in my neighborhood :crossx:

Kilrtoy
    POOR INNOCENT KIDS
    Police from two St. Louis-area departments used Tasers on teens this week following the case of a 17-year-old who died after Jerseyville officers shot him twice with the gun.
    In the other cases — one in Fairview Heights and another in St. Charles — both teens were treated for minor injuries, police said.
    Meanwhile, at the request of Jerseyville police Chief Brad Blackorby, Illinois State Police began an investigation Wednesday into the weekend Taser shooting of Roger Holyfield.
    State police will turn their findings over to prosecutors to determine whether charges should be filed against any of the Jerseyville officers, Master Sgt. Sue Culp said. Advertisement
    Holyfield had been yelling, "I want Jesus," in the 600 block of South State Street on Saturday night when police approached him. The former Jersey Community High School student was carrying a Bible and a cordless house phone. After a struggle broke out, police shot the teen twice with a Taser. Holyfield died the next night.
    In the other two cases this week, police said the Tasers prevented situations from getting worse.
    In St. Charles, a high school resource officer used a Taser to subdue a 14-year-old special education student Monday afternoon after the student overturned desks, threw chairs and assaulted two students and the principal, police said.
    The St. Charles High School student, who is 6-foot-1 and weighs 220 pounds, struck students with a broomstick and kicked the principal five times, police said. The police officer used the Taser after several failed attempts to calm the student. While he was on the ground, the officer used the stun gun function on the Taser.
    A school nurse treated the boy at the scene. The students and principal suffered minor injuries, police said. The boy had a recent history of behavioral problems at the school, police said. The teen has been suspended from school. The case is under investigation.
    The boy's mother told police she had taken him off some off his medication because she felt he was overmedicated. RELATED LINK
    Taser danger?
    St. Charles Police Capt. Gerry Pollard said Tasers had been used to subdue St. Charles students two other times since the weapons were issued to officers three years ago. No one was injured in those incidents.
    Also on Monday, police used a Taser gun to subdue a teen after an argument in a Fairview Heights home.
    Police were told the 16-year-old had a handgun that he pulled on his mother's boyfriend when he tried to intervene in a heated discussion between the teen and mother over a school matter, said Lt. Ron Burckhardt of the Fairview Heights Police Department. The weapon was actually a BB gun.
    When police arrived on the domestic-dispute call, the mother and her boyfriend were outside, and the teen and his two younger sisters were inside. About an hour and a half later, one of the sisters left the house. A moment later, the girl's brother ran out a back door. Police gave chase and yelled repeatedly for the teen to stop, Burckhardt said.
    An officer eventually got close enough to use a Taser on the teen. He received medical attention at the scene but was not hospitalized, police said.
    Charges of domestic battery, aggravated assault and resisting an officer are pending, Burckhardt said.
    Taser critics have called for police to stop using the weapons until more is known about them.
    Supporters, though, say Tasers are the safest way to protect both the suspects and the officers charged with keeping the peace.
    A preliminary autopsy showed that Holyfield died from a condition called excited delirium, a highly active mental state in which a person is no longer able to control himself. The medical examiner didn't see signs of trauma or foul play.
    Visitation for Holyfield will be 4 to 8 p.m. today at Alexander & Gubser Funeral Home, 108 North Liberty Street, Jerseyville. The funeral is at 10 a.m. Friday.

voodoomedman
    Taser critics have called for police to stop using the weapons until more is known about them.
    Yeah they should just use their guns instead.

ratso
    Yeah they should just use their guns instead.
    Agreed... People need to get out of this "poor little kid" mentality. They should start a TV show that has cameras in the classroom just so some of these people can see how their precious teens behave... :yuk:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast