Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Registering in Arizona...

Scarab Jet
    Is it cheaper to register a car or a truck in AZ vs. CA?
    And if so, do you have to have insurance from an Arizona-based company or could I keep my AAA and still register in AZ?
    Thanx in advance...
    Mike...

Havasu Carrera
    But they give you like 15 or 30 days to comply.

spectratoad
    Thought it might have been a sex offender question at first glance at the title.

Kilrtoy
    And if so, do you have to have insurance from an Arizona-based company or could I keep my AAA and still register in AZ?
    Thanx in advance...
    Mike...
    I just tried to do that yesterday..
    IT WAS DOUBLE OF CALIFORNIA...
    $224 cali
    to $442 Az

phebus
    When I moved here, I registered my truck and SUV. The truck was cheaper, because CA makes you register a truck with comercial plates, but not so in AZ, but the SUV was more.

Boatandrvloanguy
    Most of the time to reg a a vehcial in AZ beside a boat you need to have an AZ license, and live there.

squirt'nmyload
    it cost close to 600 bucks to register my vehicle in azhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/00000036.gif

Boatcop
    If you live in CA and want to register a vehicle in AZ, we have no problem with it.
    However, California would have a big problem if you EVER bring that vehicle into California. CA laws require their residents to register any vehicles owned by them in CA. Unless the vehicle NEVER enters California. Not passing through. Not bringing it in for repairs. Not a day trip to Needles or Big River. NEVER!
    It's a Criminal Offense (Misdemeanor) to do so, and fines are hefty, along with DMV fees, penalties, interest, towing and impound fees, and a host of other problems. Trying to save a few bucks on annual registration could cost over $2,500 to clear up. Jail time (although unlikely) can be imposed.
    If you have a California Driver's License. Work in CA. Reside in CA, and have AZ plates on your vehicle you would be a target. CHP and local cops are always on the watch for out-of-state plates in CA neighborhoods and business parking lots.
    We've been going out to my elderly Mother-in-law's place in Hemet a lot lately. I've been stopped a couple of times by CHP and Hemet PD to check my residency.

EAZYKILLER2006
    Thanx in advance...
    Mike...
    arizona has the highest insurance rates in the nation... :idea:

phebus
    arizona has the highest insurance rates in the nation... :idea:
    Mine actually went down

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast