Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Took the new Boat out!

superV
    OK so I put the the Crusier in the water on sat. It took a few to get use to it, but all went well. However I do have some Questions. What is the gear pattern on a 400 turbo is it 1,2,3,N,R this is what i think it is but not sure? It feels like i only have 2 forward gears so i think 1st is locked out but it will still shift into it? And at what rpm do i shift? When i take off out of the hole it does not pull that hard and i cant seem to find the right spot to shift. Once I get up on the water I shift in to 2nd or 3rd?(not sure with 1st gear thing) it just blows out? Once I do get it to hook up if i stomp on it Ill hit 8K rpm in no time flat? This cant be right 8K what do these cruse at?

SuperV, I have a friend that has a set up like yours. He start's out in 2nd gear. 1st gear around the docks only.

superdave013
    Most of the time first gear is locked out. And the shift patteren is reversed. So it should be P (if it still has it), R,N,2,3
    Are you sure you weren't driving around in second gear all day? If not and your hitting 8K you need to find out what gear ratio is in it and what the prop pitch is. If you were in fact in 3 gear it's gonna haul ass when you gear it up.
    [ March 10, 2003, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

superV
    superdave013:
    Most of the time first gear is locked out. And the shift patteren is reversed. So it should be P (if it still has it), R,N,2,3
    Are you sure you weren't driving around in second gear all day? If not and your hitting 8K you need to find out what gear ratio is in it and what the prop pitch is. If you were in fact in 3 gear it's gonna haul ass when you gear it up. Not sure it is possible i was in 2nd the whole time I dont think it has Park? all the way forward is Reverse, then one back is N, then there are 3 more back but the last one does not move you? So I would start out 2 back from N and then shift into 1 back from N? I thought this made sense so you would not have to down shift to get to N. Or do you have to down shift to get to N? I tell you one thing I had to be very careful not to put it in R while at speed! eek! Im sure that would not be good. I forgot the GPS but it did hual ass

superdave013
    sounds like your shift patteren has not been reversed then. They do it so you won't hit N or worse yet reverse when shifting in the bumps.
    I never really shifted mine. It has always left ok in high gear. I used 2nd just around the docks.

Should be like SuperDave said, R at the top then n then 2nd, then 3rd, all straight back. Don't go back to n to shift into 3rd gear.

superV
    superdave013:
    sounds like your shift patteren has not been reversed then. They do it so you won't hit N or worse yet reverse when shifting in the bumps.
    I never really shifted mine. It has always left ok in high gear. I used 2nd just around the docks. So are you saying it is 1,2,3,N,R?

superV
    Is there some kind of shifter with a lock for reverse so my wife does not put it in at speed Like a B&M works?

GofastRacer
    superV:
    Is there some kind of shifter with a lock for reverse so my wife does not put it in at speed Like a B&M works? Any NHRA or IHRA approved shifter will have a reverse lockout, it's mandatory, or you could make a trick one!.. wink
    B & M
    Hurst

superV
    GofastRacer:
    superV:
    Is there some kind of shifter with a lock for reverse so my wife does not put it in at speed Like a B&M works? Any NHRA or IHRA approved shifter will have a reverse lockout, it's mandatory, or you could make a trick one!.. wink
    B & M
    Hurst The only problem with these is I would like to keep it in the same spot?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast