Yeah, I know that 's a bad subject, but here it is.
October 15th 2006 My truck (while parked) was hit by a 38 foot 10,000 lb boat that was launched off it's tri axle trailer after the truck hauling it hit a mini van, went through a guardrail, and jack knifed. My truck was hit across the front and was shoved backward 3 to 4 feet into my boat trailer which then shot back another 3-4 feet.
ALLSTATE is the other guys ins. co. and they are agreeing to the $6,000+ in body damage to my truck, but are refusing to fix the manual transmission which now has a tooth missing on third gear (the gear it was in when it was hit) The ins. guy says there is no way that the gears could have been broken due to the impact, since "3rd gear is not a locking gear and the truck would have just rolled" I said, well then you explain the skid marks from MY truck while it was Parked.
Anyway they told the body shop (I actually have a copy of the note) to have the trans torn down and looked at. Now ALLSTATE wants ME to cover the cost of removing and inspecting the trans because they state it's not their fault.
I was pissed after hearing from the adjuster who kept cutting me off. I drove to the transmission shop and asked the worker and the owner if there is any way this could have been "wear and tear " like the guy said. They said, teeth don't break off like this from wear and tear and that they both argued with him about it. ALLSTATE is trying to say that the rear bearing was bad (which the trans shop says is true) and that the extra "play" in the transmission caused the breakage. Transmission shop says "yes the bearing was worn, NO it didn't cause the break.
I decide to go through my own insurance company...not looking good either. They will take over, but they want me to use their facility, which may cost me more in the long run. I have a $1000. deductable i would have to front, AND I would lose the rental I have through ALLSTATE. I don't know what to do. It wasn't my fault, but whatever I do now I am out at least $1,000. Which I don't have.
What to do, what to do
To top it off, I haul a jobsite trailer at least 1 time a week and this POS Chevy 1500 they gave me won't pull the damn thing over 50mph and my current job is 65 miles away!! I told the adjuster that too and he was just silent on the phone.
ANY advice herewould be great. Thanks, Dan