Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need legal advice re: insurance company

Partycattin
    1) Take close up photos of the gear and broken tooth.
    2) Have the tranny shop write up their opinion.
    3) submit the photo and write up to the claim rep's boss.
    If that doesn't work, submit a complaint to the department of insurance explaining that you followed Allstate's protocol and based on the tranny shop the damage is loss related.
    Smalls claims and arbitration are another option.
    Allstate needs to have done a reasonable investigation to back up their denial or they could be facing a bad faith suit.

Checkmate
    So they call me today to tell me that they ARE totalling the truck out AND that they are lowering the value because the trans is junk. They want to give me $14,500 for the truck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the buyback is still at $8500.00 WTF ?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?
    Anybody here a lawyer ?? Seems if there is no injury that they don't want the case !!
    SCREW ALLSTATE !!

BRAWNY
    "LARRY H PARKER" :idea:

Norseman
    So they call me today to tell me that they ARE totalling the truck out AND that they are lowering the value because the trans is junk. They want to give me $14,500 for the truck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the buyback is still at $8500.00 WTF ?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?
    Anybody here a lawyer ?? Seems if there is no injury that they don't want the case !!
    SCREW ALLSTATE !!
    Allstate has a department that deals with customer complaints. I had a van hit in jan and was not satified with thier settlement offer. Truck was in very good condition but had lots of miles. They offered me about $1000.00 less than I thought it was worth.
    I kept calling the adjuster and asking to speak to his supervisor and finally got a call back from someone a couple of levels higher than the guy that did the original appraisal. He was part of a team that Allstate has to review customer claims. He agreed to look at the truck again, and agreed with my figures.
    Complain to the guys your dealing with, and get thier supervisors names and call them.
    Might be worth the effort it was with me!!

Scream
    I had an issue some years ago with 20th century. I was hit head on by an driver that had been excluded from the vehicles insurance he was driving.
    A few other factors were involved as well. To make a long story longer...we were denied the claim and pretty much told to pound sand. I argued with them for a time, but they wouldn't give in. I called the department of ins in Ca and got nowhere. Finally I called the BBB, Better Business Bureau...the had me submit a claim online with the facts as I knew them. Within 48 hours I had 20th century calling and kissin my butt. The paid the claim and wished us continued good health yada yada yada...
    Use every FREE avenue before pulling the "bad faith" suit card. You can use the words "bad faith" with the adjuster, that might shake him up a bit. Good luck.

CBadDad
    Insurance companies don't make millions of dollars by paying out claims. You're gonna have to fight them to make it right. That's just how it is.
    On another note, do you not have insurance? If you do, why are you dealing with these jackasseses? I would have my insurance deal with this BS and have them get back to me when everything is taken care of, not before. That is why you pay 'em.
    Best of luck.

Checkmate
    you guys are right, I am going to go through my own ins. co. I didn't before because they told me I would have to pay the $1000 deductable and that my rates would probably go up.

Partycattin
    You can use the words "bad faith" with the adjuster, that might shake him up a bit. Good luck.
    Only rookie adjustors would be shaken by this. It's right up there with the threat of getting an attorney. That doesn't scare them either. In fact, many adjustors would rather deal with an attorney, less drama typically.

Partycattin
    you guys are right, I am going to go through my own ins. co. I didn't before because they told me I would have to pay the $1000 deductable and that my rates would probably go up.
    Your insurer should pay your claim (less the deductible) and then go after allstate for reimbursement. You would want to supply your insured with the photos and write up from the tranny shop so they don't get screwed when they subrogate Allstate.
    Most companies will reimburse your deductible if they recover any monies from the other carrier or responsible party.

YeLLowBoaT
    From Me exp with INS companys you can say what ever you want and contact what ever state dept you want... the only thing that gets thier attention is getting serverd. In less then 2 hours I had 6 phone calls( 4 from the home offices legal deptment)...I had only gotton 1 phone call b4 that...and that was almost 7 weeks b4 I got pissed and sued.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast